Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
E/1 must get out and vote for McCain- this is serious!!!!!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Clarissa

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 6:19 pm
ARGH! You're right! I can't believe it. The spellcheck actually caught it, but I thought the spellcheck was wrong, and ran off. I am so ashamed.

gryp

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 6:27 pm
Soon we're going to need a forum for Savagettes. Surprised That would be fun, actually.

marina

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 9:07 pm
smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now.

Well, I mean, within the boundaries of halacha, of course.

entropy

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 5:33 pm
professor wrote:
professor:
In Israel there is "kupat cholim" where everyone has health care. but when anyone gets really sick (cancer, transplant, or any major surgery etc) they come to the hospitals in NY for care. try to think why. am yisroel has the most brains, jewish doctors are the "best" so why is it, that in a country full of almost only jews, healthcare is second rate?

I'm not sure Israel lags that bad once you factor in size and israel-specific strains on Israel's economy. I don't have the numbers so I'll take your word for it, but the most serious cancer cases I know in Israel went for treatment in Germany (Germany like all industrialized countries aside form the US does have universal healthcare) I also know of a couple from the US who went to Israel for fertility treatment.

professor wrote:
why do you think its the job of an American president to be the one bringing stability to the middle east?? its up to the middle east to take care of themselves.

I agree with you, it shouldn't be his job, but apparently it is. So of course people factor it in to their vote one way or the other.

professor wrote:
I hope I am intelligent enough in your eyes, but if not, it really won't hurt you to listen to some of the right wing media every once in a while... how about Michael Savage?

Thank you for responding. Your arguments didn't help me, but someone (Chani? cassandra?) made one point about global economy that finally made me understand that there is (at least in theory) a non-stupid, non-greedy reason to keep taxes on big corporations lower than they are in competing countries.

grin

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 5:45 pm
vanilla beans? coffee with cake? and here I was trying to figure out how everyone got so terribly carried away by the elections!

Clarissa

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 7:15 pm
Even people who get carried away with elections need a cake and coffee break now and again.

Mini Cookie

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:12 am
Yes Vote for McCain!!! Yes

We can't afford to have a man baring the name "Hussein" run our country!

Never trust an arab! Yes, arab! Hussein is an arab name. anyone supporters wanna argue that out?

RU Voting for Obama? probably 1 of the 2 reasons
1) Like to play the devil's advocate
2) Ah need more moooooney!

Sorry! No coffee for me! Caffiene makes me dizzy! Shaking

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:19 am
Mollys Mama wrote:
Yes Vote for McCain!!! Yes

We can't afford to have a man baring the name "Hussein" run our country!

Never trust an arab! Yes, arab! Hussein is an arab name. anyone supporters wanna argue that out?

RU Voting for Obama? probably 1 of the 2 reasons
1) Like to play the devil's advocate
2) Ah need more moooooney!

Sorry! No coffee for me! Caffiene makes me dizzy! Shaking

Maybe it's time for you to go to bed.

First of all, he bears the name Hussein, I hope he doesn't bare anything.

Second, he's not an Arab. His mother is American and his father is Kenyan.

I don't see why someone would vote for someone to play devil's advocate. What does that mean?

I didn't notice Obama promising me any money. Please tell me where I can get some!

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:47 am
Crayon210 wrote:

I didn't notice Obama promising me any money. Please tell me where I can get some!

Well the others are just joshing I think. This is an exaggeration. Obama promised tax cuts for those below a certain level. It was 250,000 but I think that level has gone down, while he will raise taxes on those earning more than 250,000, who are already paying something like 42% of all taxes.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:04 am
HindaRochel wrote:
Crayon210 wrote:

Well the others are just joshing I think. This is an exaggeration. Obama promised tax cuts for those below a certain level. It was 250,000 but I think that level has gone down, while he will raise taxes on those earning more than 250,000, who are already paying something like 42% of all taxes.

I know. I just think it's a silly exaggeration. I don't think most people are voting for Obama based on how much they're going to "get" from his tax plans.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:06 am
Crayon210 wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
Crayon210 wrote:

I know. I just think it's a silly exaggeration. I don't think most people are voting for Obama based on how much they're going to "get" from his tax plans.

Especially as at this point they aren't going to get anything. He has already stated that he won't spend money on tax cuts until the economy allows for it, which basically means he won't have money for tax cuts and will probably have to start raising taxes somewhere.

marina

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:18 am
I don't think we should vote for someone with the middle name Sydney. How unpatriotic to have an major Australian city as your middle name.

Well, I sure am glad we are discussing the important issues here. LOL Rolling Eyes

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 1:29 am
marina wrote:
I don't think we should vote for someone with the middle name Sydney. How unpatriotic to have an major Australian city as your middle name.

Well, I sure am glad we are discussing the important issues here. LOL Rolling Eyes

I think that was the posters point Marina, but truthfully who can tell anymore?

Clarissa

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:02 am
This election has done one good thing for my family. I have new respect for my son. When he sits and talks about the election with his fellow ten-year-olds, I now see that they're more well-informed and rational than many adults out in the world.

Mini Cookie

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:44 am
Clarissa wrote:
This election has done one good thing for my family. I have new respect for my son. When he sits and talks about the election with his fellow ten-year-olds, I now see that they're more well-informed and rational than many adults out in the world.

& wait till you hear why these geniuses are voting for Obama!! 212-444-9555. Enjoy!

Clarissa

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 11:00 am
I know you're not being rude in this thread, because HindaRochel pointed out that you're being facetious. You're just being facetious, right, Mollys Mama? You wouldn't be saying that Obama supporters are unintelligent, right?

HINDAROCHEL! Molly's Mama is being insulting...er..um..facetious again.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 11:03 am
Mollys Mama wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

& wait till you hear why these geniuses are voting for Obama!! 212-444-9555. Enjoy!
Mollys Mama, something tells me that if somebody walked up to you on the street and told you that McCain wanted to appoint Prince as his Secretary of State, you'd nod enthusiastically. Now, I'm just being facetious here.

cookielady

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 11:11 am
Clarissa wrote:
Mollys Mama wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Mollys Mama, something tells me that if somebody walked up to you on the street and told you that McCain wanted to appoint Prince as his Secretary of State, you'd nod enthusiastically. Now, I'm just being facetious here.

Clarissa, not to correct you, but dont you mean "the artist formally known as...."

Clarissa

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 11:13 am
No, he's Prince again. My favorite was when he had that squiggly thing for his name. I'm sure people think a Sec. of State with an indecipherable name is cool. Not to be facetious, of course.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 11:14 am
Clarissa wrote:
I know you're not being rude in this thread, because HindaRochel pointed out that you're being facetious. You're just being facetious, right, Mollys Mama? You wouldn't be saying that Obama supporters are unintelligent, right?

HINDAROCHEL! Molly's Mama is being insulting...er..um..facetious again.

Can you get your panties untwisted and give me time?
I saw the first post, responded, thought it was being facetious. In any case nothing in what she said in that first post made a global statement about Obama supporters. If anything the reasons she gave for supporting McCain were not logical. So there was no name calling on her part. Contrast that with entropy stating those who support Obama are more intelligent. The first is stating her reasons for supporting McCain or not voting for Obama. The second is a slam against the general intelligence of those voting McCain.

I can not make any comment on the statement you are now referring to because I CAN NOT LISTEN to the recording. MOREOVER it is simply directed against a specific segment, ie: THESE people who are voting for Obama, not a genreal view of Obama vs. McCain supporters.

So you tell me honestly, do you agree with entropy and think that the general, overall, intelligence of McCain supporters is lower than that of Obama supporters and if so by how much?
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics