Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss one week weight gain the next

pomegranate

Post Fri, Mar 13 2009, 1:28 pm
what should I do? I get motivated. diet for a week . then start eating what I want and gain. I start dieting again and this cycle goes on. how do I stay motivated if the weight comes down so slowly and when I finally lose I gain it all back?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 13 2009, 1:31 pm
It's possible that your goals are too lofty.

momomany

Post Fri, Mar 13 2009, 1:40 pm
Its hard. But success breeds success. If you eat off of your diet, you WILL gain weight & thats depressing. When you are upset, it is hard to be motivated to do a job that is difficult. If you are able to keep plugging away, the slow weight loss will build up & that in itself is a motivator. (For me, sugar sets off food cravings that are near impossible not to give in to. That is why I do not eat sugar & flour.) I think its not about looking for outside motivation or instant gratification. It takes a thought out decision to do what needs to be done no matter what. Most adults spend alot of their lives at work or as moms doing jobs that they might not be in the mood of doing-jobs that are irritating and/or downright difficult. Yet they are responsible enough to do what they have to do no matter what! Dieting is no different. I have no idea how much you need to lose, but f someone is unhealthily overweight/obese, the seriousness of the situation must be internalized & then dealt with. Its a whole 'nother issue when it is just 10-20 lbs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise