Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Did you ever lose twenty pounds?

pomegranate

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 6:16 am
how did you do it? what kept you motivated? I did to lose all this weight before the summer still. I need to find the courage.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 6:25 am
I lost 26.

The first 20 took me 5 mos, from Aug to Dec. The last 6 took me until that summer.

My motivation was that I was taking care of my body and that it was a lifestyle change for me.

dainty diva

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 6:53 am
I lost 35 from May 2008 till February 2009. It is a long time, but weight lost gradually, stays off. I proved it, one month later.

happymom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 7:01 am
I lost twenty pounds and I have fifteen more to go. I did it the only way I believe works and stays off.

eating healthy, getting sleep, excersize, drinking enough water, and taking vitamins,

the biggest thing is learning how when we make a mistake to fogive yourself and continue doing well from there. thats what was key for me.

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 7:16 am
I gained 30 lb when I was in seminary. took two years to lose it all.
I tried all sorts of 'diets' including weight watches and none of that worked. finally I realized that I was fat because I was eating too much and didnt' even know when I was hungry or full anymore. so I decided to eat only when my stomach was growling and to stop as soon as it stopped. in the beginning I was eating two bites every 20 min but gradually I relearned my body's hunger signals/cycles and to stop eating when I was full. that was back in '91 and since then I've had 4 kids, gaining over 50 with each pg. I know weigh only 2 lbs more than I did when I got married. for me the key is to stop eating when I'm not hungry.
eating good healthy food is always a good idea, its health building and keeps your body running efficiently. but a calorie is a calorie adn even if you eat more brown rice than you need, you will gain weight.

roze22

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 7:48 am
I lost 30 pounds from may 2007 to january 2008. I followed weight watchers, but I honestly think it only worked because I was totally committed to changing my eating habits and exercising habits. if I had tried a year before, it wouldnt have worked.

I kept the weight off until I got pregnant... and im hoping to loose it all again after.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 5:40 pm
The question should be:
Did anyone lose 20 pounds and KEEP IT OFF for years and years and years

I lost 60ish pounds and gained it all back and then some when my son needed emergency surgery.
I went from a size 24 to a size 14 in less than a year. Then I went right back up to a 24 and stayed there for several years.
I am trying to take it off but it is a lot of work. we all KNOW what to do to take the weight off the question is
WHAT ARE WE WILLING TO DO TO KEEP IT OFF!!!!

All you need to do is EAT LESS and MOVE MORE!
Or as my friend put it:
THINK MORE BEFORE you eat and LESS BEFORE YOU exercise
I need that printed on a tee shirt!
Good Luck... PM if you want to know HOW I did it

imokay

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 6:47 pm
I lost 20 pounds (all gained during pregnancy) from may05- august05.
I kept it all off until the next pregnancy and now I have another 20 pounds to go (btw, I was so careful wihth what I ate this time, but it didnt seem to make a difference. the scale just kept going uuuuuuuuup)
I went on the southbeach diet and I was totally committed- and my dh acted as my "sponsor" when I was having a tough time.
when I stop nursing, I plan on going on it again.
it really is a lifestyle change that I find is manageable to stick to...

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 10:14 pm
I just downloaded this AWESOME IPHONE application called:
Mind you I do NOT OWN an IPHONE I have the ITOUCH...
It is called:
EDIBLES only $5.99
It is a food journal, calorie/point /carb counter exercise log and keeps a running record of your weight. It seems very thorough and helpful. IF you are doing weight watcher points there is a web site called August Games and it has a whole food list and their point value... That's a tip for those that do not have IPHONE or ITOUCH...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!

This Edibles APP lets you share your progress with a friend... Support is always helpful when working on getting to a healthy body weight...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 12:48 am
When my son was born, I lost 20 pounds in two weeks - between the baby, placenta, and all the water I was retaining.

Otherwise, I never had the willpower to stick to a diet.

cubbie

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 1:07 am
When I was single I lost about 35 pounds on WW it took me about 6 months and kept it off for about 3 years until I became pregnant with dd1, who is now 4, I've have been gaining progressively since, well now I'm finally seriously dieting I started with 42 to lose and so far I'm in my 10th week of dieting and I've lost 18, so 24 more to go. Because I've got to goal in the past I know I can do it, and because right now I'm not allowed to get pregnant for medical reasons it's a good time for me. My aim is to be at goal (or as close to as possible) by 10th June which is BIL's wedding.

louche

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 7:05 am
Many times. many, many, many. Sigh.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 7:12 am
I lost a little over 20 pounds around 2 years ago. It took me over a year to take it off, and over the past year I've put back on 10 of the pounds. Sukkos, Pesach, and Purim always mess me up.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 7:14 am
I lost the 26 lbs at the end of 2004. I was 113 then. No, I didn't keep it all off - certainly not the last 5 lbs that I struggled with the entire spring and summer!

I'm about 125 now, but I'm more muscular then I've ever been.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 7:27 am
I lost 25 pounds in five months. I had my diet and my exercize plan. The hardest part was maintaining and not gaining after I reached my goal.

yfrh

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 9:48 pm
there is a book called "how to stay on any diet".
it is a jewish author and she explainns how to stay on a diet during shabbos and yom tov.
one example is not to taste so much food while cooking for shabbos. and how to avoid empty calories that you may not notice you are eating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise