Home

Decent frozen french fries!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 2:09 pm       Post subject: Decent frozen french fries!
I have tried brand after brand and can't find anything decent! What do you all like?

Meema2Kids

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 2:14 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
I love the spicy Always Crisp fries. Walmart sells them.

proudmom

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 2:25 pm       Post subject:
I use any one that has no hydronated oil.

You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they are going

goldrose

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 3:22 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
proudmom, they make french fries without hydrogenated oil?

shoy18

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 3:44 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
I dont know the brand but they come in a white bag, they have different kinds, thier a bit more expensive Ive only seen them in the jewish stores. I dont even bother any more I just make my own!

Mommy912

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 3:52 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
How do you do that Shoy?

There are two types of people.
Those we who come into a room and say, "Well, here I am!" and those who come in and say, "Ah, there you are.".

shoy18

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 4:11 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
cut potatos into strips to look like fries, spice, heat about 3 inchs of oil in a deep frying pan until it sizzles, fry until crisp.

or cut potatos into strips, coat with oil and spices and bake until crisp

goldrose

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 4:20 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
sounds like it tastes good, but sometimes not worth the bother.

proudmom

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 4:44 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Decent frozen french fries!
goldrose wrote:
proudmom, they make french fries without hydrogenated oil?

the one here in montreal that I found has no hydronated oils in it.

happymom

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 5:16 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
I really like mccain golden crisp french fried. I never eat fried cuz they arent healthy, but my baby loves them. I even think they are baked, not fried and no hyd. oils

Rochel Leah

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 5:46 pm       Post subject:
I don't make them too often, but I found in price chopper ( in plattsburgh) their no name brand spicy rings are good. they have a ou.

cindy324

Post Posted: Wed, Feb 08 2006, 8:47 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
If you have a major supermarke tnear you like C-Town or if you're near Glatt mart in Flatbush, they have the Krasdale brand sometimes. It has as OU and it's a supermarket brand, so it costs less . They are actually very good, especially the crinkle cut ones. I put them in the oven and they get really crip, my kids love it.Also , from Oreida Oven chips, YUMMY!! Only downside is not too much comes ina bag so if you're more than a family of four, you'll need about 2 bags, 'cause they go fast! And at 3.99 a bag it's not cheap

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Thu, Feb 09 2006, 8:20 am       Post subject:
I have never heard of any of these. could someone bring me some at the meet, if you ever get together?

miriam

Post Posted: Thu, Feb 09 2006, 9:07 am       Post subject:
Alexia is healthy and yummy. No bad oils!!

MRN

Post Posted: Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:41 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
We also use Alexia.

Motek

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 14 2006, 5:53 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
J&J uses non-hydrogenated oil but it has preservatives and dextrose (sugar) and baked, are not that great.

When posters say they use frozen french fries does that mean you are frying them or baking them (makes a big difference in taste!)?

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 14 2006, 6:41 pm       Post subject:
I JUST GAVE UP> NO MORE FRENCH FRIES.

cindy324

Post Posted: Thu, Dec 14 2006, 9:14 pm       Post subject: re: Decent frozen french fries!
I bake them in 425 oven in a single layer on a cookie sheet.

shopaholic

Post Posted: Fri, Dec 15 2006, 8:14 am       Post subject:
I bake them too. Less fattening.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Page 1 of 1