Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
New engagement ring
Previous  1  2

shayna82

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 9:45 am
I think im gonna go on thursday to the store and look and see if I see anything nicer. all I know is that three years ago this one was the nicest of the whole lot.. since then, im sure they got others in. my dh wants me to like it and be happy with it... so we will look together, thanks all for your suggestions!

Rivka

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 10:15 am
I know of the rings that have that floating look, my sis in law got that and hers came off as well, so what they did was add a bit to the ring to make it hold the diamond better. So maybe try do that.

tanaz

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 9:33 pm
I would get a new style..one that you would like and be happy with. I wanted to change the style of my ring too and I even asked my rav if it's permitted. He said it's fine.

SMG

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:38 am
What metal is your ring made of? Soft golds and platinum can both shift and crack easily with misuse. As a mommy, most of what we do every day is considered misuse for a nice ring. My ring is platinum and when I got it, they recommended that I have the setting check by a jeweler approx. every 6 months to make sure nothing had shifted or cracked, thus loosening the security of the diamond's setting. This service is usually free at any jeweler, whether it be in the mall or someplace you have a relationship with. Also, a lot of times they can set your stones a little lower and this makes it harder for the setting to catch on things and get knocked around.
BTW, I am very sentimental and would probably go with the old setting and all its hassles.

shayna82

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:54 am
hi. well the ring was white gold, but that has nothign to do with why the diamonds kept coming out. I went to the store, and picked out a new one. it was harad, since that was the one I thouht I would have for my whole life... but whatever, this one is a nicer design tht is made better

amother

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 12:41 pm
I'm glad it worked out ok. 8)

a little off topic: my father just got my mother a new ring (a year or two ago) I.e. nice new setting and a bigger diamond. and I'm sure it doesn't bother her that its not her original engagement ring.... I think she actually likes this one better. Very Happy

anon. to protect familt members...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 1:42 pm
Mine is insured.

alex

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 2:33 pm
I got married 5 years ago and this year my DH bought a new setting for the diamond Its much more beatifful then my old one.I think its nice to change

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 4:02 pm
Mine was reset for our 10th.

BlumaG

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 4:34 pm
the main cost is the center diamond so really thats wat is the most sentimental,
I didnt tell my hubby wat I wanted but he picked out exactly wat I wanted and 3 yrs later I still love it, actually the stone is a little loose now so he has to tighten it, bh got a live in jeweler. its loose for aobut hte thirs time already... I keep smackingi t into things and pulling it on things, kinda clumsy

Itta

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 8:30 pm
a loose stone could mean a weakened setting... or a too small/big box (a box that was originally designed for a different size stone) or that the prongs that hold the stone were cut too deep... among other possibilities.

BlumaG, it may be worth checking out and possibly replacing the box. the diamond is one thing you DON'T want to lose.

reminds me of the time my mother's weak setting finally snapped and the diamond fell out Exclamation we weren't even sure where to start searching for it.

we walked around without shoes so hopefully if someone stepped on it by mistake, they would find it. well, guess where my mother found it... on the bathroom floor!! (in the bathroom that most girls/women in my family don't really likes usng, since it has been dubbed "small boy's bathroom" embarrassed uh, you know what I mean...) B"H

wow, even a 'large' stone in a setting sure looks tiny when it's loose!! (ie un-set)

chen

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 11:36 pm
I can't believe you ladies are wearing what may well be your most costly piece of jewelry all the time. (note I do not say "most valuable"--that would be your wedding ring, I hope, even if it cost $20.) no wonder your rings are wearing out. any jeweler will advise you to remove your rings before doing any sort of housework whatsoever.

I also shudder when I see beringed women--esp. those with stones in high settings--picking up babies. those things can give nasty scratches! (the rings, not the babies LOL) AAMOF I have gotten a nasty scratch or two from the rings of some women I've danced with at chasunas, to say nothing of snagged knits.

Itta

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 3:34 am
chen LOL

technic

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 3:40 am
"AAMOF"????????

does this mean "I'm off"?...or is it just someone talking w a cushion over their face??? Confused

Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 5:22 am
LOL LOL LOL technic!!!

as a matter of fact..................but that's just mhiotm! Very Happy

BlumaG

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 9:39 am
I think the person who originally set htesotne didnt do the gr8est job since then it had to b tightened and now if it has the slightest movement my hubby says u cant wear it til I fix it, I dont wear it everyday but when I go uot with a sheitel I like to wear my diamond, I weari t together with my band and if I end up doing dishes in it ok, but I dont sleep in it

chen

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 9:56 am
[quote="Pearl as a matter of fact..................but that's just mhiotm! Very Happy[/quote]

ok, you got me--what's mhiotm?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics