Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Celebrating Birthdays
Previous  1  2

Motek

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 3:26 pm
hey RG, if you work it all out in detail, you can sell your idea!

you know, like the woman (Mrs. Frimerman) who sells the "bas mitzva package" for people who want to copy her bas mitzva program for 6th grade girls in other communities

gryp

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 3:40 pm
Motek wrote:
hey RG, if you work it all out in detail, you can sell your idea!

thats a funny thought but I would never do that. id rather tell my ideas and let others develop them...

Rivka

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 10:22 am
You can celebrate your English b-day too, that was also a day you were born on and we use English dates as well.
Also we are talking b-days not sad days, but parties and fun, to me it sounds like anything fun to be had always has to have a damper on it, chill let your hair down (hypothetically) and just enjoy and for kids they love b-day parties, they need attention and that is the one day they get it, a cake they choose (if you do that) and hey pressies, who doesn't like them.
It's the one day in the year that you feel special and really when people forget your b-day or don't do anything much for it dunno about you but I don't feel too grand about it. Your birthday makes your year!
Plus it;'s the only day we are happy about getting older.

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 10:02 pm
On the subject of birthdays, mine is coming up soon. I am having the weekly shabbos shiur at my house and am giving over a little sicha of the L.Rebbe ..I would liike to do something alittle more maybe a cute adult game, any ideas? [for those living in montreal, I want to see you there]

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 12:25 am
take a ball of thred, and preparea bunch of question. Throw the ball to the person who answers it 1st. and so on. Each person has to hold on to the thred - the ball gradually unrolls & everybody's holding on together.

The point - each of us might not have all the answers, but together we'll figure it out.

Roll the tred back into the ball.

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 12:58 am
fy
Quote:
take a ball of thred, and preparea bunch of question. Throw the ball to the person who answers it 1st. and so on. Each person has to hold on to the thred - the ball gradually unrolls & everybody's holding on together

That is beautifull! and can be done by varying it with hachlotas or whatever! Maybe I will do it at my party/farbrengen Smile

Crayon210

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 6:13 pm
I really like this idea of themed birthday celebrations...I'd like to put some thought into developing this into something special...

Thanks for the ideas posted!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics