Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My daughter and her leg brace

QUEENY

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 7:06 pm
Tomorrow is the day my daughter will be getting a plastic brace for her leg. She was born with a clubfoot. We thought we had corrected the problem but it turns out she'll need this brace for the next 14yrs. For the past month she had a cast on and she was a real trooper. Always happy. She loved to talk about her cast and show it off. Now she is getting a brace and she is really excited and I'm soo not. I worry people will stereotype her when they see her brace. SHe is b'h smart and social and I'm afraid people will assume there is something wrong with her. When she was born I was very thankful she was born that way because it was something we could fixed and I still feel thankful I just don't want it to affect the way people treat her.

deams

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 7:17 pm
I just now from experience that the way a mother feels it effects her children. I think that if you have a great attitude about it your daughter will feel that. take it as it comes.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 10:07 am
deams wrote:
I just now from experience that the way a mother feels it effects her children. I think that if you have a great attitude about it your daughter will feel that. take it as it comes.

I seccond this opinion!
buy her some cute stickers to decorate her brace! focus on the end result
DS has a foot that points slightly inward since birth ,common in long legged kids ,and he is rather slinky and tall still....I noticed it ,worried ,took him to the ped,then doc ...etc

and because is not "severe" enough they won't do a thing as It might correct it self during puberty and if surgery is performed the recovery,scar and potential bone infecction is not worth it...doc told me to get over it is not a big deal,and not let my perfectionist tendencies get in the way, to be positive ad make him feel cool ,he was right ..... meanwhile I lived in fear as he looked like he is going to fall and self trip everytime he runs!

B'H he is now almost 10 and is very fast and thinks his run is cool!
go figure ,I though kids might make fun of him but because of his positive outlook the "tangle foot" is not an Issue B'H so,stop worring and focus your energy in pumping up her confidence !

all the best! Wink

QUEENY

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 1:49 pm
thanks your replies really help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics