Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eczema is just nutty!!!!!
Previous  1  2

for your child's eczema, u SUCCESSFULLY used:
Clear Cream imported from Israel  
 11%  [ 2 ]
the corticosteroid creams from the doctor  
 55%  [ 10 ]
natural stuff I researched on my own  
 22%  [ 4 ]
I discovered my child's eczema trigger and eliminated it  
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

LibraMommy

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 5:20 pm
This worked for a member on another message board I belong to.

http://www.shikai.com/products/borage.htm

mammala120

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 5:32 pm
beautiful blessings wrote:
How can I import Clear Cream from Israel? Does anyone sell it here at all in NY?

HEALTH FOOD SHOPPS LIKE KLIENS, SUPREME IN BORO PARK

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:16 pm
gold21, my dd had a terrible patch on her nose (think rudolph the red nose reindeer) and one on her cheek. When I bathed her in plain water I washed off her cheek (no soap or shampoo). I put vaseline on afterwards (right afterwards). I saw results by the next day. And in three days it was gone. gone.gone. I was GENEROUS. It gets everywhere. it's messy. it works. The pediatrician might tell you aquafor works better, but I have found vaseline works the best. But be careful around the nose area- since it can clog a nostril and cause a child breathing probs.

but my dd doesn't scratch. Also- if it is so bad, you might have to use a cortizone to help it start get better. but the vaseline will help continue the clear skin.

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:19 pm
if you don't want to bathe every night, at least just do the vaseline part. Though my sister's theory is that part of eczema is that there is bacteria and by washing you take some of it away.

Bear Eczema

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 8:41 pm
beautiful blessings wrote:
How can I import Clear Cream from Israel? Does anyone sell it here at all in NY?

If anyone is interested in the the Brooklyn New York area I do sell the CLEAR CREAM I keep in touch with other mothers that have tried it and I can tell you how truly miraculous it really is. Steroids is no longer the only option out there- in fact this cream works just as good if not better without the harmful side effects that steroids may cause.

EvenI

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 11:28 am
gold21 wrote:
EvenI, thanks for the info.

Are you into natural and alternative stuff in general? I'm like so mainstream in terms of lifestlye choices: labor and delivery (pro epidural; doctor, not midwife) immunizations (everything except flu vaccine); ya know, the whole nine yards.

So I'm a little freaked at the thought of trying the alternative treatments you mention. However, mainstream medicine doesn't seem to have figured out a treatment for moderate to severe eczema! So my curiosity is piqued.

Another weird thing is that my son breathes noisily. Sounds kinda like he's lightly snoring sometimes. Or like he's congested. But he always breathes like this! The ENT said everything looked normal, and that probably as he gets older he will start breathing more quietly.

I dunno. It bothers me that he sounds chronically congested/ lightly snoring/ whatever it is.

You think that's something I can ask the alternative medicine person?

Anyways how would I find info on someone in NY who does this type of thing?

Thanks a bunch. :-)

Here goes, in the wrong order. If too long, read first two paras.

About the loud breathing: I definitely think you could ask a good, well qualified, naturopathic practitioner about the breathing. It sounds very similar to how my son was - he was full of congestion when he had bad eczema. He constantly had a runny nose, and he never seemed to breath easy and woke up a lot in the night and coughed in bed. Now, his dreaded runny nose seems to be returning a bit, so I think I have to really work on all this, as I mentioned above. The naturopath that I went to said that teh congestion and the eczema were both caused by the difficulties digesting those specific foods. I have long known that the digestive system and the respiratory system are connected, and that certain foods often increase mucus in the system - such as dairy.

Someone in NY who does this type of thing? Search for "bioresonance screening and treatment" and see who you can find. There are a few systems, and I would guess that you can probably find practitioners all over the world from the websites devoted to the systems. The naturopath that I used this time uses a system called "Bicom" and there is another naturopath her in Ey that I have used before who uses "Mora Therapy," which is a similar system. You can look both of those up for a start. Or you can ask around if anyone recommends a naturopath who uses "a funny machine with electrodes that you hold that works with energies on the principles of chinese medicine" - that would probably remind people if they have experienced it.

About whether I am "into natural and alternative stuff": I am into whatever solutions are the most effective, safe, and healthy as far as I am able to ascertain. My experiences with conventional medicine, and my observations of others' experiences, have certainly not instilled blind confidence in conventional medicine, and I have experienced its limits - for example, conventional medicine offered us nothing for chronic fatigue syndrome, and mono, and generally claims that nothing can be done for a virus. Situations have forced my family to seek help elsewhere, out of desperation, and, in the process, we have picked up a thing or two. We still find it overwhelming at times, knowing how to deal with different things, since alternative medicines tend to cost a lot, so we have to evaluate how desperate we are and grit our teeth when we need to.

I have come to understand that conventional medicine has a narrow paradigm that is shifted from what many lay people would imagine is the purpose of medicine. Not to say that conventional medicine does not have a lot to offer - there are some problems for which conventional medicine has the best basic response available - like what to do if, c"v you break your leg, for example.

For birth, I like medical resources, such as doctors and hospital equipment, to be available in case of need (I wouldn't opt to give birth at home), but it's very important to me that giving birth be an active process and is not automatically treated like a show for a doctor to run. I believe in avoiding unnecessary interventions, due to the well documented cascade effect, and I prefer very top professional labor support to an epidural, with its risks. I heard that, even in Sharei Tzewddek hospital, which has a reputation among Jerusalem hospitals for being relatively rigid and not so natural about birth, that the staff were told to stop freely offering around epidurals as if the risks were negligible and trivial, but rather to treat epidurals as a decision to weigh. I also believe that most interventions have their place where they are legitimately used, but I think you need to be well informed about them and I don't think a woman can let the hospital decide everything and also expect the decisions to serve the mother and child's best interests.

I wouldn't hire a doctor for birth, since I would prefer to be delivered by a midwife (the default, here in Israel) and, if I turn out to need a doctor, it would be due to a complication, in which case, if you haven't already hired a doctor, you can go straight for the doctor who is the expert in the particular complication that came up, and, if necessary, pay for it. Alternatively, the same doctor that you would pay privately may be the one who the hospital would bring on the case anyway, free of charge, for precisely the same reason that you would have hired him. That's the Israeli system, if a little oversimplified.

I am simply unable to shut off my awareness and accept blindly everything that doctors say. It's like I have come this far and seen this much, and there is no going back to the days when I may have believed that doctors were there to cure and heal and were interested in finding the best ways of doing so. I think you have to have a certain confidence in conventional medicine to just buy the whole lot hook line and sinker, and I just don't.

EvenI

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 11:34 am
I should add that the homeopathic cream that the naturopath gave us is amazing in itself, but it is not a brand name product. I just like to plug homeopathic remedies whenever I can, because I am always amazed at how well they work, and they provide a safe option at times when nothing else is safe - such as pregnancy. We have had amazing success with homeopathic drops for hayfever - and I mean really bad hayfever.

EvenI

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 11:39 am
I just realized that I didn't address your being freaked out. This is TOTALLY SAFE treatment - much safer than steroids - and likely to stem the process of a child picking up more and more digestive sensitivities. In fact, it's the because of the safeness that I opt for it. You just need a bona fide professional, whose work is evidence based.

EvenI

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 11:41 am
octopus wrote:
if you don't want to bathe every night, at least just do the vaseline part. Though my sister's theory is that part of eczema is that there is bacteria and by washing you take some of it away.

Interesting theory. My son's eczema has started to creep back a little, and davka on his 18 month old experimental little hands, which are most exposed to bacteria, I would think.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics