Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Question for OT PT SPEECH therapists

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 7:19 pm
Question for you wonderful providers (may Hashem provide everything you wish for).

Why would someone open a therapy center? The therapists bill the Board of Ed and get paid, so what’s in it for the owner?

Unless, the owner (from now on called Rachel) is licensed to hire assistants, and bills as if she Rachel is doing the service, and pays the assistants a smaller fee… in exchange for providing them steady clients all under one roof one after the next?

I’m so confused.

I’m asking because right near my home there is a wheelchair accessible building that is not in use after school hours and tons of kids in the neighborhood have RSA’s… the providers are more than happy to be at the center than schlep from home to home and school to school… because in center they don’t have to look for a parking spot every hour.

So explain to me financially please why someone would create a therapy center. Thanks!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 7:28 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Question for you wonderful providers (may Hashem provide everything you wish for).

Unless, the owner (from now on called Rachel) is licensed to hire assistants, and bills as if she Rachel is doing the service, and pays the assistants a smaller fee… in exchange for providing them steady clients all under one roof one after the next?

Well, the way agencies work is that the agency bills the BOE and keeps a cut. If this center works the same way - then there you go. If not, its definitely something like your above theory.

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 7:30 pm
So if I want to become an agency… do I have to be a provider? Or anybody who wants to go into business can just do it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics