Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
At what age did your kids start wearing Deodorant?
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 7:49 am
I don't know, but I'm beginning to think those who say American food is full of hormones are right... shock
These are so not the numbers learned in France, or what I notice... I just can't imagine a 10 yrs old beginning puberty...

Boys"R"Us

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 8:56 am
My boys definitely needed it by age 10 or 11!

I guess it does start earlier now.

~Debbie

Pizza

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 9:13 am
My daughters started around 14 y.o., as did older ds. Younger ds is quite the shvitzer and started to really smell, so he started at around 10.5

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 9:49 am
Ruchel wrote:
I don't know, but I'm beginning to think those who say American food is full of hormones are right... shock
These are so not the numbers learned in France, or what I notice... I just can't imagine a 10 yrs old beginning puberty...

Different cultures also have different sensitivities. Meaning, in the US we are obssessed with being clean and showering and wearing deoderant, etc. in other countries, they're not as makpid.

But from the POV of an elementary and middle school teacher, coming back from gym, my room smelled like a barn. Kids smell.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 10:10 am
I did notice that after the gym, some kids smelled. But it was more around 13, 14 it started. And I'm sure if we had to take a shower after the gym it would have been better.
I started wearing deodorant when my friends did (LOL) around 16 or 17 I think. My mother was always after me telling me it's unneeded and probably unhealthy, and I don't even smell without it.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 12:50 pm
What is the typically development age for boys?

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 1:05 pm
5th grade...I think.

rivk241

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 11:10 pm
I tried a few differnet ones for my 9 yr old she says they are all itchy for her which ones did you try

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 11:12 pm
Try the toms of maine (?) brand. Dh uses one of the them because he's allergic to most of the regular ones...he itches and gets a rash too. It may be the aluminum.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children