Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Visiting montreal

mother48

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 5:39 pm
my family is iyh traveling to montreal.

I haven't been there since I was like 5.

what to do, where to go, which factories are a must. what can we do fun with kids, age 5 and down INDOORS!!

any tips or places would be great.

thanks.

proudmom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 6:27 pm
Montreal Science Centre , mount royal, Skiing, Biodome de Montreal, Montreal Insectarium, Montreal Planetarium

amother

Post Wed, Jan 24 2007, 11:25 am
you can go to lollipop factory and to massacio, I am not sure of the exact address , I bet anyone there can tell u where its located.
Enjoy the Cold!!!!

jewgal84

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 12:51 pm
mother48- What did you end up doing there? Did you find places to go? Factories to shop at?

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 7:20 pm
You can find shmattas, with loose seams that will open up in your next wahs. Also, apparently all the models are extra skinny because their clothes are soooo narrow! Even my ultra skinny son had to take 2 sizes bigger.

P.S. you better take a long Tylenol, it is such a backward town, you can die before you find a pharmacy open after 4 PM. The grocery is only open at night between mincha and maariv… don’t ask.

PM me if you want more negativity Sad

inwaiting

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 3:11 pm
wow withhumour you are so negative it looks like you have something againts montreal im from there the pharmecies are open tiil 10 pm and also 24h and there are some nice stores even the factories have good stuff and by the way LIPA is open till7pm and after mariv for our convenience

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 3:14 pm
Hey, you are located in ‘geulah’ how can you even feel the pain of “Montréal” okay just pulling your leg. So I’m not a resident therefore I don’t know all the details, Instead of positing all my feelings, I left the rest to a PM for whoever really wants to hear more.

JRKmommy

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 3:19 pm
We find Montreal one of the more convenient places for a frum family to visit. The Quality Inn on Decarie is great - the kids loved the kosher breakfast. There are decent kosher restaurants and shuls within walking distance, and it's only a 10 min drive to get downtown. The only thing that we find inconvenient is dealing with the snow in the middle of winter.

Canadian sizes in general are smaller - a Canadian size 10 is generally the same as an American size 8.

jewgal84

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 3:01 pm
JRKmommy wrote:
The only thing that we find inconvenient is dealing with the snow in the middle of winter.

When else should it snow Scratching Head ?!

If anything I'd think Montreal deals with the snow alot better than other cities.

They have well equiped snow plows and you don't have to wait much b4 getting out with your car!!

mother48

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 9:18 am
just found this post..

jewgal, we had a great time!! the kids were happy playing in the snow with dh.

I hit the factories!!! worth a trip anytime from anywhere. went to mosoccio, a bldg that had s/t debaby(shabbos pjs), some others, and the best one-roberta di roma!!

ate at the pizza shop with the drive thru, don't remmber the name and exhodus.(I think).

we also went to kidzone.

thanks for asking!! had a great time. next time will be ecodome, more snow stuff-if it's not so cold! there was only one day warm enough to be outside.

Mom2girls

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 4:43 am
what is mossocia? factory? where is it and what do they sell?

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:34 am
Massacio , knitted sweaters and knitted outfits. Really nice stuff and they used to be on Casgrain but I think they closed. They are next to the tablecloth store, where you used to go into Z.A.M.

Emee

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 6:00 am
Does anyone have the address and phone number of massacio?

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 22 2009, 6:14 am
not sure if any of those people are still posting ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics