Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
BBQ Grill recomendations

kaye

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 8:33 pm
Looking to buy an outdoor grill in the $300-400 range. Would appreciate any input on which ones are good/bad, what to look for etc. TIA

kaye

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 11:30 pm
bump

costanza

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 11:31 pm
I personally love our Weber charcoal grill. It's more work and time consuming than gas, but on a nice day it's a pleasure to do and I think it gives the meat a better taste.

cassandra

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 7:19 am
costanza wrote:
I personally love our Weber charcoal grill. It's more work and time consuming than gas, but on a nice day it's a pleasure to do and I think it gives the meat a better taste.

I was going to post the same thing! We actually have an expensive grill and don't use very much it anymore. We burn with wood now and the difference is night and day.

tovarena

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 9:26 am
cassandra wrote:
costanza wrote:

I was going to post the same thing! We actually have an expensive grill and don't use very much it anymore. We burn with wood now and the difference is night and day.

Ditto here. I bought DH a grill as his first birthday gift after we were married (his birthday is 3 weeks after our wedding date). It was a weber as well. He looked at me like I'd fallen off another planet when I brought him the grill and the charcoal. He was like, "But you're supposed to be able to just flip a switch and grill!" It never occurred to him to specify he wanted gas, and frankly it never truly occurred to me to get gas. My family always grilled with charcoal (and mesquite). Hehe... well, he wasn't thrilled, but now I'm getting ready to replace the almost 10 year old grill for his next birthday and this time he's specifically asked for charcoal. Hooray I do think we're going to cheat, though, and get one that has a gas starter. Right now, this is our front-runner.

heffer569

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 10:41 am
I have a weber but it is gas I think it was more than 400 more like 600 not sure but I love it my dh loves it we use it all year long even in middle of the winter when it is snowing out. It is the best ever.

heffer569

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 10:48 am
I went to look its the Weber Genesis and its 699 but worth it.

cassandra

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 12:09 pm
To me food cooked on gas grills tastes the same as broiled food. I thought my husband was crazy when he came home with the charcoal grill (I think he once bought it so we could grill on Yom Tov and didn't want to have to deal with the whole issue of turning the gas off) but now I am a true convert. Hickory or mesquite? Yum.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 12:16 pm
kaye wrote:
Looking to buy an outdoor grill in the $300-400 range. Would appreciate any input on which ones are good/bad, what to look for etc. TIA

We got the 2nd from the top or bottom ( I forget now) fas Weber. We wanted something with a large cooking surface but no burners or storage.

Note that the extras add up, like delivery, assembly, a cover ($50), a filled gas tank ($30 iirc) and any skewers, aprons, patulas etc., you will need.

Barbara

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 12:45 pm
For gas, even below that price range, the Weber Baby-Q is fabulous. We take it on vacation with us.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 12:56 pm
kaye wrote:

We have a Char-Boil outdoor gas grill that we bought on sale for that price. It is stainless steel, has four burners, plus a side burner for cooking up something in a pot. We have it for 2 years, and we love it!

tovasmom

Post Fri, Apr 24 2009, 1:32 pm
We also love our gas Weber grill. I use mesquite chips to get that smoky flavor, even though the grill is gas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars