Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Roasted Veges - a hit every time!
Previous  1  2

anonymom

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 11:01 pm
ABC wrote:
how do you spread the olive oil well over everything without drowning it in too much oil?

I put the cut up veggies in a big zip-lock bag. Then I add about a Tablespoon of oil, salt, pepper, garlic (and balsamic vinegar) Toss the bag up in the air, turn it a few times and presto, the veggies are all coated with an even layer of oil.

mother48

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 11:03 am
snap peas or snow peas are also great added to such a mix. it's also very easy for erev shabbos. throw it in abt 30min b4 shabbos, and it's perfect for friday night

mommy4

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 12:28 pm
what does roast mean? like bake or grill?

alpidarkomama

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 4:39 pm
We LOVE roasted veggies, and have them every shabbos. Sometimes I add finely-grated lemon zest (not the white pith; that's too bitter). I think there's a big difference in taste between table salt, kosher salt, and sea salt. Table salt seems normal. Smile Kosher salt seems brasher and has a saltier flavor even if you use the same measured amount. Sea salt is sweet.

I also love unfiltered olive oil. It has a more olivey taste than regular. It doesn't keep as long as filtered olive oil, but a bottle of oil never goes past a couple of months in this house. Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes