Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Raw Food Diet?

Pizza

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 9:44 am
Does anyone in Imamother-land eat a raw food diet?
I am starting, and interested in getting ideas and answers...

amother

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 11:51 am
you'll have to start by changing your screen name then...

Pizza

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 12:02 pm
Cute, real cute Wink

Clarissa

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 12:05 pm
It's a challenging diet to maintain, as it can get kind of dull sometimes, and it can be a bit difficult to maintain nutritional requirements. That said, it can be healthy and certainly good for dieting. There are a few raw food cookbooks out there, which can help. In NYC there are (if they're still around) a couple of good raw food restaurants.

Newsie

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 12:07 pm
What does this diet entail- do you just eat raw veggies and fruits? And sashimi??? with uncooked rice? and raw eggs?

Blair

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 12:57 pm
Sounds so boringggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

mimivan

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 1:00 pm
Clarissa wrote:
It's a challenging diet to maintain, as it can get kind of dull sometimes, and it can be a bit difficult to maintain nutritional requirements. That said, it can be healthy and certainly good for dieting. There are a few raw food cookbooks out there, which can help. In NYC there are (if they're still around) a couple of good raw food restaurants.

Oh...and I thought there wasn't much out there that was more challenging than macrobiotics...you've topped that Pizza! (pun intended)

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 1:06 pm
I eat a lot of raw foods but there's a limit.

ShoshanaRose

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 9:22 am
I went on the raw food diet for ONE whole year. It entails raw fruits veggies, sprouted grains and beans andyou can eat dehydrated things that were made under 118 degrees. the point is that above that temperature the enzymes start to die in the food. I have to say I felt great on this diet, didnt have any more body odor, lost a lot of unnecessary weight didnt feel tired, everything was so clean, had like 3 BMs a day...I don't think its a diet that you should have for the rest of your life, esspecially when your jewish:) but for a cleansing period its a great thing to do. I'd be happy to answer any questions you had. I think its important to eat prbably 60-70% raw and the rest steamed veggies brown rice. Currently im a vegetarian that eats fish and eggs but I dont eat meat chicken or dairy. my kitchen is totally PAREVE!!

Clarissa

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 9:38 am
This doesn't relate to the raw food diet, but a well-known NYC raw food chef-restauranteur used to expose himself to women on the subway, until one of them snapped a photo with her phone and posted it on the internet. It takes the concept of "in the raw" to a new level.

Pizza

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 4:07 am
Thank you for your unique perspective, Clarissa
Wink

sarahd

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 4:17 am
Clarissa wrote:
There are a few raw food cookbooks out there, which can help.

Raw food cookbook? Isn't that an oxymoron? LOL

Clarissa

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 7:02 am
sarahd wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
There are a few raw food cookbooks out there, which can help.

Raw food cookbook? Isn't that an oxymoron? LOL
Good point! I guess they should be called Raw Food prepbooks?

I watch this show called "Top Chef," and one time, in the finale, the best cook in the group made a meal that consisted of raw fish, raw this, raw that. He's not a raw foodie, but it's just what he did. The head just said, "He didn't cook anything! This is a cooking show," and booted him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise