Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sandals and crocs
Previous  1  2

mominisrael2

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 8:21 am
Barbara wrote:
Crocs are extremely comfortable and dry easily, making them great for certain things.

Don't confuse price with how good the shoes are for a kids feet. A podiatrist acquaintance always told us that PayLess shoes were amazing for kids. (We never bought them, BTW, as we preferred professional fittings for shoes.)

My DD insists on only wearing crocs to gan because she says they're the only shoes that don't get sand in them...and seeing how much sand she brings home when she wears sneakers, it sounds like she's right!

I agree about Payless shoes being great for kids (and miss 'em terribly in Israel!), not so great for adults though! My kids were always able to get away with the crocs knockoffs from Payless (and the 20-shekel ones here), but they always hurt my feet and I ended up having to get the real ones for myself...

happymom

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 11:05 am
I always buy my kids a really good pair of sandals for the summer and a really good pair of shoes for the winter. I like wearing comfortable shoes with support and they do to, so I spend the money for shoes that are comfortable and last.

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 11:58 am
Crocs are VERY slippery on water. I would never send any kind of sandal to camp or outdoor hike/trip other than shoresh. When my dd was in grade school quite a few years ago BC (before crocks) they were not allowed any type of clogs because there were stairs and you know how a wild herd of preteens go down stairs.

blondie

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 12:23 pm
My mil bought my 3 yr old crocs, and they are SO cute but she trips in them much more than in any other shoe. In my experience with my kids, best shoe for toddler for summer is a good closed-toe sandal (Nimrod, Elefanten, etc) and I do think toddler-age is when you should spend on a good brand. I will buy cheaper brands I never heard of for my older kids, but I'd much rather buy a good shoe for my toddler. For safety and for their gait.

bonnie

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 8:47 am
Crocs/Fake crocs actuaclly give very good support for the feet.
BUT= if you live in a city like NYC, injuries have occurred if your child will be taking any escalators/subway platforms/etc...etc...

Also- if kids are wearing sandals- make sure they fit properly- whether they are cheap or expensive. Kids will trip is shoes that are too big/small.

They will also fall if the shoe has a high arch ( sorta like that arch inside the shoe having an "inside high heel").

Cheap or expensive, make sure the shoe has a good fit!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics