Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Upsherin Menu Ideas

curlytop

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 3:47 pm
I am making an Upsherin IYH this week and I am looking for some ideas for dishes.
We are going to serve bagels, cream cheese, tuna, etc and I will make some zitis, quiches, and salads..
I just feel like I need some other Milcheg dishes.
Since it is on Sunday, I either have to freeze it or it needs to be easy enough for me to make right before..
Thanks people!

cookielady

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 3:53 pm
This is not the most exciting but people do seem to enjoy blintz soulless. I also once posted a french toast casserole. I served it at a brunch and it was gobbled up.

Mazel Tov.

curlytop

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 4:17 pm
Just found that recipe...
I dont get it, you don't mush the whole thing together, so there is like a bottom layer and a top layer??
Also, can I freeze it?

Ronit

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 4:28 pm
lukshin cheese kugel you can freeze.

cookielady

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 7:30 pm
curlytop wrote:
Just found that recipe...
I don't get it, you don't mush the whole thing together, so there is like a bottom layer and a top layer??
Also, can I freeze it?

The egg mixture sinks into the bread mixture. I don't know if you can freeze it. I never tried, but what's nice is that you make it the night before (or a few hours) and pop it in the oven. I actually made it today with leftover challa and it is still great.

mama-star

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:03 pm
can you post the link to that recipe? it sounds interesting.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:16 pm
mama-star wrote:

Here you go mama-star.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....toast
This looks great cookielady! Maybe my dd would actually eat some breakfast if I made this for her.
Cookie lady, what is your blintz soulless (souffle?) recipe?

cookielady

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:51 pm
ra_mom wrote:
mama-star wrote:

Here you go mama-star.
This looks great cookielady! Maybe my dd would actually eat some breakfast if I made this for her.

I will have to dig it up. It's pretty standard, there may be one on the site already.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:52 pm
cookielady wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
mama-star wrote:

Here you go mama-star.

I will have to dig it up. It's pretty standard, there may be one on the site already.

Thanks! Have I mentioned that I absolutely love your recipes?

cookielady

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:59 pm
Why thank you ra_mom. I always wonder if my name was something like carburetor mom, no one would want my recipes.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 10:01 pm
cookielady wrote:
Why thank you ra_mom. I always wonder if my name was something like carburetor mom, no one would want my recipes.

lol! It's your recipes that sell, not your name. I am not such a dessert person myself (sorry, I know your name is all about desserts), but the first time I browsed the recipe section, I was automatically intrigued by your garlic dip and sushi salad.

goodheart

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 12:12 am
cheese latkes ,cheese blinzes,cheese cakes
pancakes,eggplant parm,

curlytop

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 9:28 pm
I want the party to be very kid-friendly, since it really just is a glorified birthday party.
I found these adorable frozen pizza crusts in the grocery, they are bite-size, 24 in a pack, I think I will throw marinara and cheese on top and the kids should love it.
I will make that french toast casserole after Shabbos IYH, and lasagna, baked ziti, broccoli quiche, farmer cheese latkes, cheese cakes... plus bagels and stuff. I have a tendency of overcooking, so I gotta watch myself here!
We are also going to let the kids decorate ice cream for dessert, plus a tzizis cake, cupcakes, and pekelach. I am very chilled out and want the kids to have a blast, even if it means my house will be upside down (it will happen either way, so I might as well enjoy).
My son insisted on "tasting" a pekela today to make sure his friends would like it!

cookielady

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 9:32 pm
curlytop wrote:
I want the party to be very kid-friendly, since it really just is a glorified birthday party.
I found these adorable frozen pizza crusts in the grocery, they are bite-size, 24 in a pack, I think I will throw marinara and cheese on top and the kids should love it.
I will make that french toast casserole after Shabbos IYH, and lasagna, baked ziti, broccoli quiche, farmer cheese latkes, cheese cakes... plus bagels and stuff. I have a tendency of overcooking, so I gotta watch myself here!
We are also going to let the kids decorate ice cream for dessert, plus a tzizis cake, cupcakes, and pekelach. I am very chilled out and want the kids to have a blast, even if it means my house will be upside down (it will happen either way, so I might as well enjoy).
My son insisted on "tasting" a pekela today to make sure his friends would like it!

It sounds like a lot of fun! I am sure everyone will have a great time.

curlytop

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 9:33 pm
Thanks, I hope so!

bashinda

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 10:27 pm
have a great time. I'll IY"H in Menachem Av.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 8:45 am
cookielady, I prepared your your casserole recipe last night, and placed it in the oven this morning, when my husband got home from his trip to Israel. Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals