Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
City Mini vs. City Elite (baby jogger)

amother

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 7:34 pm
why the huge price difference? I tried doing some online comparison and the only difference I saw were the wheel sizes. Which one is wider? easier to push?
TIA!

mominisrael2

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 3:51 am
I was wondering the same thing...just spoke to a friend who loves her Jogger but has the double, I'm wondering how heavy/light the single is...

amother

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 5:55 pm
im actually looking into buying the double.

here is the comparison for both singles http://www.willygoat.com/catal.....=3125 I was told by a friend that the city mini is lighter but the city elite is easier to push (cuz bigger wheels)

mominisrael2

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 10:07 pm
For $220 more, the only difference is the wheels? That's an enormous price jump. The mini is 8 pounds lighter, and the maximum weight is different (50 pounds on the mini vs. 75 pounds on the elite) -- but I'm not worried about that considering my oldest DD is almost 8 and still hasn't hit 50 pounds!! Smile

Raisin

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 2:53 am
the elite can take an jump seat to turn it into a double stroller.

(I have the city mini and I love it)

mominisrael2

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 3:07 am
OK, I don't need that...thanks!

BennysMommy

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 6:50 am
The City Elite is a jogger and the mini isn't. I love my mini but you can't compare pushing it to a real jogger.

mominisrael2

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 7:13 am
Anywhere in Jerusalem I can look at the two kinds in person to compare? Maybe one of those baby stores in Talpiot?

amother

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 8:33 am
I have the double city elite jogger and I chose it over the city mini because my kids, who are 2 and 4, are not exactly lightweight. They both weigh 35lbs and the city mini has a maximum of 50lbs I think. At least the city elite can hold up to 75 (or was it 100?)

BennysMommy

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:33 am
amother wrote:
I have the double city elite jogger and I chose it over the city mini because my kids, who are 2 and 4, are not exactly lightweight. They both weigh 35lbs and the city mini has a maximum of 50lbs I think. At least the city elite can hold up to 75 (or was it 100?)

From what I'm reading online, both doubles have a 100lb weight limit.

amother

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 10:05 am
[color=green]there r a few differences the elite is supposably more plush for the child. it comes with an adult console. has a few other features. (these features make them difference from the city classic. the city elite has the air tires which makes it much heavier, but very easy to push. [/color]

dats me

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 11:06 am
mominisrael2 wrote:
Anywhere in Jerusalem I can look at the two kinds in person to compare? Maybe one of those baby stores in Talpiot?

In Ezras Torah there is a store called Chasdei Shmuel, you could check out the different baby jogger models there.

mominisrael2

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 11:25 am
Thanks, I just wish they had prices on their website! No such luck...hope to get into Jerusalem next week to check out the stores.

Aribenj

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 6:16 pm
the elite one is MUCH more comfortable. It's like a cavern in there!!!!! My kids are also on the bigger side and they don't really fit into the maclaren anymore and are all smooshed, so I had to upgrade. The city elite is MUCH more comfortable for them. With the city mini they were more comfortable then in the maclaren, but the other one is just MUCH more comfy. And I believe they're the same size too.

dats me

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 5:26 am
mominisrael2 wrote:
Thanks, I just wish they had prices on their website! No such luck...hope to get into Jerusalem next week to check out the stores.

Just so you know , Chasdei Shmuel sells the baby jogger carriages for around double the price you would pay in America (last time I checked anyway). Not all their carriages are double the American price, but for some reason the baby joggers are.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics