Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Non-basari dishes, anyone?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 9:16 am
can anyone give a recipe for a meal during the week that would not be basari? my husband loves basari and I dont as much so I make chicken and hamburgers but I want to try other things, pareve and chalavi.
any ideas?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 9:40 am
Sometimes I have guests who are vegetarians so I make pareve beef noodle casserole. I use ground soy meat. Saute some onions, celery, and green peppers, and then add the soy meat. Cook the noodles and add this and some tomato sauce to the mixture. It will probably need salt and pepper. There are tons of pareve vegetable soups that make a meal when served with whole wheat bread and a salad. For dairy, make a lasagna with cottage cheese, grated cheese, tomato sauce, lasagna noodles and whatever vegetables your kids will accept. I would put eggplant in it if my kids would eat it that way.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 12:33 pm
anyone else Question Question Question Question

imasenior

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 3:55 pm
Simple and very fulfiling is MARAK ADASHIM (lentil soup) either red or brown or MARAK AFUNA (green pea soup) simply with sauted onions, salt, water and the lentils. You can add carrots. If you eat this with dark bread you have a cpmplete protein meal, and kids loves this.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 4:31 pm
Cheese burritos:
Tortillas, baked beans, chedder cheese, bake (or microwave) and then put sour cream on top.

Lasagna
Fish
Veggie Burgers
Different kinds of sandwiches (avocado, cucumber, with cheese)
Scrambled egg sandwiches
Pasta with fake meat sauce
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen