Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Advice needed re: adenoids or possibly allergies...

gold21

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 12:17 am
My 9 month old breathes noisily and always sounds congested. He often mouth-breathes because of the nasal congestion. We've been to an allergist named Klein who kinda brushed me off, like Oh its just the winter, its cold season, thats why he is always congested, in the summer he'll probably be better. (My baby is still quite congested) We've been to an ENT named Mendelsohnn who also kinds brushed it off, saying Oh well structurally everything is normal, probably just narrow nasal passages since he's so young, it will get better in a few months. (We've seen no improvement)

So....I'm looking for some advice here. I have appt with allergist named Friedman in a couple of days IYH, and I've heard he's excellent. I have appt with ENT named Rosenfeld in a couple of weeks IYH, and with ENT named Goldsmith in a month IYH. I'm trying to navigate this situation and figure out what is going on.

Anyone ever had this with their kid, the constant congestion, noisy breathing, and mouth breathing? I'm thinkin probably adenoids or maybe maybe allergies.

Any opinion on Rosenfeld vs Goldsmith?

Any opinion on the fact that both Rosenfeld and Goldsmith will be seeing my baby in their clinics since we have a pretty second-rate insurance? What is their clinics like? Do they give less time to their clinic patients? The office says the clinic does not accept walk-ins, its by appt only, so what would be the reason for having a clinic altogether?

Any insights appreciated.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 12:46 pm
A constant stuffy nose is a sign if an allergy. The most common allergens are, dairy, soy , wheat, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts and tree nuts.

s he nursing or taking formula? I would cut out dairy either from your diet or from the formula, it takes 3-4 weeks to see results of the switch. Soy is not a great formula choice, but there isn't much else that is kosher.Alimentum and Nutrmigin Are both non kosher.

mommymorah

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 4:41 am
You can get a Heter to use Alimentum or Nutramigen if your baby can't tolerate anything else.
Also, sleep apnea can be dangerous, and noisy breathing is a sign of that. You might want to look into doing a sleep study with him, to see if that's a factor and to determine how to treat it.

bnm

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 10:50 am
Dr. Goldsmith is very good, if you do a search other members used him too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics