Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Infant Dairy Intolerance

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 3:52 pm
I'm breastfeeding my seven-month-old son who was diagnosed with reflux at 9 weeks. He's on zantac (which we keep increasing) and his reflux gets REALLY bad whenever I have the slightest bit of dairy (any form, any amount.) I've been off dairy completely for 4 months now. Anyone else have this? Should I expect him to have dairy intolerances after one year of age?
It's NOT Lactose Intolerance, it's Dairy.

kitchen designer

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 7:48 pm
I went through the same thing. The zantac didn't help at all.
I used to give him tons of solids and discovered probiotics. They help with digestion.
He is 4 now and he eats most dairy foods and we give him rice milk.

gnerd613

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 8:04 pm
I have a ten week old that the doctor thinks has a dairy and/or soy sensitivity (based on blood in his stools). Did your infant have that too or just reflux?

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 4:12 am
I had the exact same situation with DD and completely cut out all dairy when she was 6 months and saw a major difference. She is now 11 months old and I've slowly started going back on (cheese - not straight milk yet) and she seems to be doing fine with it. I'm not starting her on any dairy until after a year, and then if she reacts to it, I'll take her to an allergist to see if it's an intolerance or an allergy. I'm hoping she is slowly growing out of it.

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 7:48 am
Well, I see someone's brought back my post from more than a year ago. My little guy is now almost 2 and is allergic to dairy.......
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics