Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does anyone here do computer graphics?

daisy

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 10:07 am
I'm interested in this field and would like to learn more about what one needs to do to get involved in it. If there is anyone here that does this and wants to share some info, could you post here or PM me? Thanks!

queen

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 12:45 pm
feel free to pm me

1stimer

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 1:56 pm
anythign in particular you want to know?

cl

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 10:54 am
im a graphic designer.
The 2 best ways to train,
1. either to be hired by a company that is willing for you 2 learn on the job, you learn tonns from the experince
2. do a course
I did a degree an the knowledge I gained could not have been picked up thru work experience alone. However my first couple of jobs taught me alot about dealing with clients, printing and working in the 'real world'. My last boss was not formally trained an all his knowledge came thru experince an he's really good but in some ways I feel he could be more adventurous and confident. College allowed me to explore my creative ability an gave me the opportunity to look at design in a completely different way.
Alot of this can be gained thru looking at art books and learning about the different art movements. For eg. If u were to design a wine bottle lable for grapes that come from spain, u could research spanish art styles plus research on grapes and vineyards, look at vine leaves and the shapes and colours of grapes. You could go a step further and look at what other wine bottle lables look like.
These steps take more time than just copying and changing a little the lable stuck on ur kedem kiddush wine bottle but im pretty sure the final design will be alot more original and will widen your own creative abilities.

Mommy912

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 2:27 pm
or you could just post your design problems here and let us work it out Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics