Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
To Have help or not?

RedVines

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 1:43 pm
Right now I work in the afternoons, I am able to take my son with me (I teach 1st grade) I leave my 19 month old with a mexican woman ( who I trust) for the few hours and my DH is able to drop in unannounced at any time. My Dh has his own business so he makes his own hours. For the past few days we havent had her and my DH is taking our daughter out with him. So now I dont have any cleaning help ( I am also 6 months preg) BUT I have been able to keep up with everyhting and I love that I am not leaving her with the babysitter. So now my hubby and I are thinking maybe we dont need her help...it would save us 400.00 a month meaning I would take home my whole pay.

What do you think? Am I crazy to let cleaning help go? Would I regret it? it would only be from now until I have the baby...but than there is no help at all. I love being able to take of everyhting myself...

Any thoughts?

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 2:02 pm
Quote:
Am I crazy to let cleaning help go?

Yea and
Quote:
Would I regret it?

u see I don't have reg cleaning help and yep sometimes I do think it's a bit too much. So no knowing untill u try it I guess. 400.00 is extra money u know, however if he has to pay a physcatrist for u it may well be more Twisted Evil

cindy324

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 3:47 pm
What do you think? Am I crazy to let cleaning help go? Would I regret it? it would only be from now until I have the baby...but than there is no help at all. I love being able to take of everyhting myself...

Unless you LOVE , just LOVE to clean and mop and scrub the bathroom , kitchen and everything in between, all the while taking care of two little ones, your pregnant self, and then a soon to be new baby, DO NOT LET the help go! Trust me, there will come the time when you'll be 9 months along, coming home from work exhausted, it's erev shabbos and you still gotta cook AND clean. And who says the helper will still be available when you have the baby in a few months? You may have to start lookinfg for a new one, train them in again, what if you're not happy...etc Keep the help, it's worth the investement

chen

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 3:52 pm
If you're planning to have the help after you give birth, you have to keep her on now. if you let her go she will not be available when you need her again. I wouldn't keep someone on for a whole year just to have them available later on, but for a few months? it's a no-brainer.

raizy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 9:52 pm
keep her who said that she will be availble later on to help u when u need her.
I am in the same boot . I want to dump my cleaning lady but bc if pregancy and birth I want to keep her till the summer does that make any sense .?I have no kack to train someone else in!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 9:58 pm
maybe you can cut down her hours?

chen

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 10:46 pm
raizy wrote:
I want to dump my cleaning lady but bc if pregancy and birth I want to keep her till the summer does that make any sense .?

yes.

chevymum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 10:52 pm
Maybe you can work out a schedule with her while you are still feeling so energetic :-)

Maybe explain to her that right now you do not need her as much but you are going to need her more when the baby comes...

You don't want to lose someone you already trust with your children ... that only is worth the $$$$ - think about things that you really hate doing and let her do that for you :-)

RedVines

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 10:53 pm
Thanks for the imput, I am thinking maybe cutting down the hours, Definitly Friday, you guys are right!!

cl

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:13 am
b4 I even read other's replies the thought that came to mind is cut down her hours. Let her come twice a week, do the cleaning an babysitting etc and u still save $200!
PS.ur really lucky ur hubby's happy 2 babysit. I know of many men - even those with flexible hours - who arent such willing or capable babysitters!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:19 am
I work part-time and and freelance from home, plus look after my son, husband and home an I struggle on a week when my cleaning lady cant come.
my husband does notice when the house gets a bit messy an it aggravates him.
at first I felt taking cleaning help was like admitting I was a failure at keeping hosue but mostly I just look at it like
'I dont love cleaning'
and
'I do love my work and my little boy'
an I prefer to spend my time on the things that I love than the things that I dont.
At the moment I have cleaning help at least once a week for 2hours on thurday or friday and sometimes for an hour on monday evening and thats enough to help me keep the house running smoothly.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:23 am
I never had any paid help, but I always rented a small apt, and being that I work full time and the kids were always at school, it wasn't all that dirty. DH helped a lot, too.

Now, everyone is much bigger and one kids is even out of the house, I enjoy keeping the place cleaner. I have a new kitchen floor and I enjoy cleaning it!

It's completely up to you - you hve to weigh how big your place is, how dirty you can let it get, and what else you'd want the $$$$ for.

lucky

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:48 pm
Most people need extra help now before Pesach. I am taking help more hours than I need now, because I want her to keep those days/hours for me for Pesach cleaning.

RedVines

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 11:20 am
So far we went to every other day, which was helpful and saved us money, soon though she will start helping me for pesach andthan I will do the everyday clean up.

Is there a thread with an already made list, one for cleaning help...? Or does anyone have one? Also how about a shopping list (grocery)

Or maybe I should have a baby and send out shalach manos first?!?!

raizy

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 12:22 pm
so I dumped my cleaning lady adn got a much better one. but I still didnt start to pashack clean. except one room and the freezer. ooh veh. this year we will have a chomzetdik house...

chen

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 8:05 pm
mommyoftwo wrote:
Also how about a shopping list (grocery)

do you mean a pesach grocery list? I have one which is pretty good for my needs. Bli neder tomorrow I'll cut & paste& post the file. It does not mention most convenience foods. no quantities, natch, b/c it depends on how many ppl you're having.

RedVines

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 10:54 pm
that would be great! Thank you chen, I feel like my mind is all over the place with new baby (soon) shalach manos, purim costumes, seudah, lesson plans, and pesach??!?!?!? lists will be so helpful!

chen

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 11:08 pm
pm me a reminder if I don't post it tomorrow morning.oh, hmm, it's pretty long. what say, ladies---shall I pm the list to mommyoftwo-going-on-three or post right here on the forum?

koolmother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2006, 2:00 pm
definitely get somebody, I have full time cleaning help and it is so worth it.
especially if you are pregnant.

everybody has diferent priorities, but I definitely cleaning help is important

good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics