Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Computer Graphics

Lefty

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 7:13 am
I think I have a feeling for computer graphics/digital art.
How do I even START????
There are TONS of programs I can buy and download, others are for free.
But its too much to handle..........
If there are any graphic designers out there. Whats the best program I should learn or wahts the one thing (program/software) that most graphic designers need to know........

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 7:29 am
Stick with Adobe products, they are industry standard. Adobe Photoshop is the coolest one, so download a free home version from adobe.com then got o youtube to take free lessons!

faigah

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 8:03 am
CorelDraw is a very easy program. You can also buy books that guide you through. Check out the _for Dummies collection. I think there is one for Adobe or CorelDraw. Adobe is probably the best choice, but as a beginner I used CorelDraw to get the concept.

If you have a feeling for drawing and art you could have a great future in graphic designs and architectural layout. Go for it. It has the best job options for a mom.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 8:07 am
The hottest field now is video presentations. Start with Photoshop and work your way up. Good Luck!

momofmultiples

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 4:17 pm
Adobe InDesign is mainly used to organize text/images and design layouts like you see on magazine pages, newsletters, etc.

Adobe Illustrator is usually used for "vector" graphics where you create shapes or text (usually of solid color or with gradients) that don't lose quality when you enlarge or shrink the image. It is best for making logos or graphics.

Adobe Photoshop can also create vector images, but not nearly as well as illustrator. Photoshop is usually used for editing "pixel" based images such as a photo or a scanned image, which illustrator cannot do. Unlike vector graphics, enlarging and shrinking a photo will reduce the quality of the photo.

My ad is in the Binah this coming monday for computer classes which includes Adobe Graphics - we are located in Boro park if that is any use to u

The Adobe Suite seems to be the most in demand program out there for graphic designers.
I personally like using CorelDraw (the Corel Suite has the full similar to Adobe) when working with vector drawings but it is a stale program on the market. Quark is also in demand by some publishing houses and this product works similarly to Indesign

Mommastuff

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 5:28 pm
momofmultiples, where are your classes located? and do you teach how to make video presentations?

momofmultiples

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 5:32 pm
classes will be located centrally in boro park (we cannot specify location yet (we are deciding between two different locations).

are you looking for video presentations for personal use?? that is something I did not think of, but I can most definitely consider it if there is a demand for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics