Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Little potatoes

acccdac

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 3:25 pm
I usually bake little potatoes in oven with a little bit of olive oil, paprika, and garlic powder.

I would like another recipe or way to use the little potatoes.

anyone have any suggestions?

wanderer

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 3:35 pm
1 lb pound baby potatoes – halved
1 lb fresh green beans = trimmed
1.5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic, minced (or more to taste)
3 tb chopped fresh basil (about 1 tsp dried)

Cook salted water until boiling, add potatoes for about 15 min. Add green beans, for another 5-6 min. Drain well. Heat oil in large skillet or frying pan, add the garlic, stir for about 30 seconds. Add potatoes and beans, season w/ salt and pepper. Coat to toss with oil and garlic for about 2 min, or until heated through. Coat with basil.

Love My Babes

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 3:36 pm
if youre ok with a non-dietetic recipe...saute onions, coat potatoes in flour, and some spices, 1-2 tbls water to a pot, cover and simmer 20 mins.. I think thats the recipe, if youre interested in it I can double check exact amounts and times..

kiwi

Post Tue, Jun 16 2009, 11:15 pm
mash cooked potatoes with oil and salt, (make sure it's tasty enough),
scoop it w/ scooper & cover with bread crumbs,
then bake it for another 10-15 min on 350*
it's really good!! enjoy

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 9:03 am
simply boil them and serve with a bit of butter (or olive oil, cracked pepper and salt).

boil, cut them in halves or quarters and make them into potato salad with the skin on

tuna nicoise--boil, halve/quarter, serve with boiled green beans, tinned tuna, chopped red onions, black olives on bed of lettuce, with mustard/french dressing (capers, anchovies and boiled eggs optional)

potatos bravas--boil, toss with spicy tomato sauce (with chili or tobasco), sauteed onions and paprika.

canadamom

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 9:19 am
baby potatoes, mayonaise, onion soup mix. smear liberally mayo and pour on onion soup mix, bake covered for an hour, broil for 5 minutes

OldYoung

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 10:09 am
quick and kosher has an awesome recipe!!! I think it's called herb roasted baby red bliss potatoes or something along those lines. If you don't have the cookbook, I'll post it later.

Another all-time favorite over here that I do in a pinch if I need a starchy side-dish- I toss the potatoes with olive oil and a lot of onion soup mix and bake at 400 for about 45 min.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 12:12 pm
Everyone loves these baby red potatoes.

Ingredients
• baby red potatoes
• diced onion
• paprika
• salt
• parsley
Preparation
Scrub potatoes well.
Sauté onion until translucent.
Add potatoes to pot. Pour just enough water for potatoes to cook. Add generous amounts of paprika and salt to taste.
Simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
Add parsley, cook for another few minutes.
So saucy, soft and delicious.

NativeMom

Post Wed, Jun 17 2009, 2:40 pm
Sometimes I drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes and mix them with onion soup mix.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes