Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
British Aorways
Previous  1  2

mom2cuties

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 4:35 am
yeah I ordered with them kosher meals.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 5:59 am
I booked with BA for next week.

2 things when it says baggage one piece are they really much more stricter than elal or do they mean 20 kilos but could be split into 2 bags?

2 when they said on the ticket boeing 767 200/300 what kinda aircraft is that?

I really hope not an airbus, after all that's been going on lately it's a little scary...

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:35 am
mom2cuties - how did you get your seats already? they said I can only get them at check in

cindy324

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:59 am
Quote:
when they said on the ticket boeing 767 200/300 what kinda aircraft is that?

I really hope not an airbus, after all that's been going on lately it's a little scary..

Boeing IS the name of the company that manufactures the plane, as is Airbus (those are the two major aircraft manufacturers) so no worries, you're clearly NOT flying an Airbus.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 10:32 am
well thank goodness, though it's in hashems hands and we need to pray that we go and come back safely, and if it's for a mitzva then that should be a merrit.

I have flown airbuses before, israir only have airbus I think.. they are seets like 3 and 3 and are very cramped.

I hope that ba will have leg room..... now we'll get a taste of a british airline after flying elal all these years.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 10:55 am
mom2cuties wrote:
did you fly just straight to london or you went to israel?
Stayed in London.

mom2cuties

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 1:05 pm
miriamnechama wrote:
mom2cuties - how did you get your seats already? they said I can only get them at check in

I got my seats because I realized that 24 hrs before the flight is shabbos and I told them that I am observant jew and that I keep shabbos and I need to be able to book my seats on friday. And the lady was soo nice and told me that she will take care of it on thew phone right away

drumjj

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 1:29 pm
miriam a 767 of ba is a 2 3 2 seats not too squishy nice plane. mom2cuties u dont have seats too far back they go to about sixty. also when they say one piece of luggage it should be one piece of luggage ive found ba quite strict with luggage esp in israel with the jews bc they are used to them taking advantage.

GoodEnough

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 1:33 pm
miriamnechama wrote:
I'm booked with them for monday week, to london lets see what happens... I'll be there for 4 days, just still dont know what flight to take monday to london, either 8am or 5pm, can't decide.

last time I flew drittish was like 15 years ago to holland and they were fine though no food. I need to order my food to I suppose.

I prefer the afternoon flight leaving tlv at 5pm, simply because I can't stand waking up so early especially when travelling with kids. The 5 pm lands in london at around 8ish in evening, so one gets into town between 10-11, ideal timing.

drumjj

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 1:40 pm
see mum I prefer the morning flight bc that way u dont waste a whole day.

GoodEnough

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 1:50 pm
The day is wasted for me either way. When I have had no choice and I had to travel on morning flight, I would arrive home about 2 in the afternoon, and jump straight into bed til........

mom2cuties

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 6:47 am
I tihkn flying in the night would be a whole lot easier

happy one

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 7:48 am
If you want to check which seats to book or if the seats you got are good, go to www.seatguru.com and they'll tell all the info on the seats and the seat arrangements on each model plane.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 8:12 am
Just for your info, once you check in on-line, BA won't let you change seats at the airport.
# of luggage--not sure if you're referring to check-in or carry-on. If flying coach, your allowance is one piece for checked luggage. Heathrow now allows one-piece AND a handbag/purse as carry-on.

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 3:49 am
I flew with ba yesterday, bh very good service though th efood wasn't so great coming from israel. I think they are better than elal.

I checked in online and chose my seat.

I wasn't crazy over the morning flight but it worked out better.

windowsill

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 4:27 am
Welcome Back!

smilethere

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 4:31 am
Windowsill - you joining the meet today? Come on - out yourself and don't be scared, I won't tell anyone. promise!!

mom2cuties

Post Tue, Jun 23 2009, 7:12 am
where is there a meet today?

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 7:52 am
Well the flight back to israel was also very good,

I must say that BA have better, service than the issraeli airlines, they were really good with kids.

the only drawback was the "hot hermolis" meal was frozen... but otherwise I would definately use them again...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics