Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's so terrible about discussing a heter?
Previous  1  2

cassandra

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 5:46 pm
I would also hope that people are using poskim who are not either machmir or meikil across the board. My posek happens to be pretty machmir in some areas but meikil in other areas and always fair. How could I ever resent him? If someone resents their posek for their psakim he clearly isn't the right one for that person.

Atali

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 7:27 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Tova, well said.

There is clear cut halacha, there is personal psaks, and there is differences in minhagim.
Clear cut halacha should be posted without concern (like your example of number of bedikos) as long as the poster is 100% confident in what she learned. It can help clarify it for others, besides the OP.

Personal psakim should not be shared as halacha as many times they are based on specific circumstances of the situation. They can be shared to give a poster an idea that it's worth it to ask a shaila (like your pump example) without ever assuming it's always assur (thank you for the PSA, cassandra).

Minhagim can be stated as: My minhag/mehalech is that one dips 7 times for people in my circles (Lubavitch, I think?), but you should ask your rav to find out what you should do if you have learned differently and are unsure...

I dip three.

I think it is based on family minhag (what your mother did, for FFBs), not group.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 9:46 am
(Thanks for the clarification Smile I also learned it is what goes by the mother, but I have heard that certain groups do a certain number -- and I assume their mother did too if they married within the same group...whatever, that was an example, even if inaccurate Smile)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics