Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Anti-Semite
Previous  1  2

Have you ever been encountered in an Anti-Semite situation?
Yes (once or twice)  
 91%  [ 22 ]
No (and hopefully never)  
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 1:00 pm
Doesn't the Torah mention how the world will always be against the jews?? Everything is always blamed on the jews, and yes I stick to what I say "they hate us".

chen

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 6:03 pm
and what about chassidei oomos ho-olom? what about those nonjews who risked their lives to save jewish lives during the holocaust? what about the nonjewish artisans and craftsmen who helped build the beis hamikdosh? what about the nonjewish custodians who keep our shuls, yeshivos and mosdos clean and in good repair? what about "ki veisi veis tefiloh yikorei lechol ho-amim"? if all nonjews were as dirt under our feet, would the Aibishter welcome them into His house? If they were the miserable worms that some people on this board believe them to be, why would they have been allowed to offer korbonos?

Crayon210

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 6:09 pm
The Baal HaTanya discusses the chasidei umos ha'olam in the first chapter. Yes, there is a difference with those good people.

hardwrknmom

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 6:19 pm
chen wrote:
and what about chassidei oomos ho-olom? what about those nonjews who risked their lives to save jewish lives during the holocaust? what about the nonjewish artisans and craftsmen who helped build the beis hamikdosh? what about the nonjewish custodians who keep our shuls, yeshivos and mosdos clean and in good repair? what about "ki veisi veis tefiloh yikorei lechol ho-amim"? if all nonjews were as dirt under our feet, would the Aibishter welcome them into His house? If they were the miserable worms that some people on this board believe them to be, why would they have been allowed to offer korbonos?

Yes chen there are plenty of wonderful non jews out there. Like it says when Moshiach comes that they will be our servants.
Still can't negate the fact that we jews experience time & time again, anti semitism!

amother

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 6:35 pm
There's plenty of anti-semitism alive and well in the world, it has a purpose, to make us remember who we are and what we're suppose to be doing. There are good and bad people in all races including our own. Jews who have that "oh stupid non jews attitude, are having the same attitude of anti-semites. If we all kept the torah to the extent that it is meant to be kept, reached great heights, there'd be respect, I don't think hatred, just like the non jews tend to respect great rabbi's/rebbitzens. It reminds us we're in golus.

chen

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:43 pm
Quote:
Still can't negate the fact that we jews experience time & time again, anti semitism!

no one is denying antisemitism exists and is on the rise. no is saying all or even many of the nations of the world are wonderful people. no one is saying that we should consider nonjews to be our best friends or that we shouldn't be wary. what some of us are saying is that to claim that all nonjews are scum simply because they are nonjews, is every bit as reprehensible as an antisemite saying all jews are scum.

I have been treated like dirt --time and time again-- by proprietors of charedi businesses. I have also been treated with wonderful warmth and kindness by other charedi people. shall I say, therefore, that all charedi people are rude, obnoxious scum except for those few who have been nice to me?

Crayon210

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 8:13 pm
chen wrote:
what some of us are saying is that to claim that all nonjews are scum simply because they are nonjews, is every bit as reprehensible as an antisemite saying all jews are scum.

Agreed, of course.

But who has claimed that?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 7:17 am
Nothing will change Eisev sonah lyaakov. Eisov will hate Yaakov. And Yishmoel will never be at peace with nobody.

Mandy

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 7:53 am
Quote:
Like it says when Moshiach comes that they will be our servants.

Even if you believe this, which many do not, it is not okay to write this in a thread that can be seen by anybody.

You do not need a password to see this thread. The Protocol of the Elders of Zion is filled with this kind of stuff, that the Jews want to control the world and have everyone else be enslaved to them. The rambam takes great pains to point out that this is not the a main focus of the geula.

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 7:59 am
This thread is being locked since it is turning into a re-run of the Racial thread in the Chinuch section. I disagree with chen and mandy but will not repost what I posted in that thread.

mod.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics