Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What's your baby's schedule?

Toot

Post Sat, Jul 11 2009, 8:15 pm
I just had my first baby, and she is almost 3 months. I'm just curious as to what other people's baby sleeping/eating schedules are like. Here is a typical day for her:

Up around 7, eats, sometimes goes back to sleep
Eats around 10
If I need to take her out on errands or anything, I try to do it in this chunk of time, when she's in a good mood and often takes a nap
Eats around 1-2
Sometimes take a walk during this time
Eats around 5
East whenever we eat dinner (doesn't matter if it's early or late, she always needs to eat when my husband and I are sitting down!) Average this is probably around 8.
I try to bathe her either before or after this feeding. Then she sleeps for a good few hours. I've started putting her down in the crib in an almost dark room, not swaddled, so she gets used to sleeping in the crib.
Then she wakes up one more time to eat, around 11-12. Then I swaddle her, and she goes to sleep in her bassinet (in our room) for the night.

Twizzlers

Post Sat, Jul 11 2009, 8:53 pm
the only thing I find surprising is that she only takes one nap the whole day. at that age my kids were taking at least 2 naps a day if not more

octopus

Post Sat, Jul 11 2009, 9:05 pm
yeah, but if baby is sleeping through the night, then I say, hey! whatever works!

Toot

Post Sat, Jul 11 2009, 9:46 pm
No she definitely naps more, I guess I forgot to include that. She usually has one long morning nap plus the long evening nap, and she dozes for shorter periods of time throughout the day.

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 12:29 am
sounds like my son's schedule, except hes up at 6.30 these days. He sleeps at 9 and at 1 for 1.5 hours (used to be 2)

bedtime is 7 pm. sometimes 6:45. he is 9 months.

sarah86

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:11 am
I also have a 3 month old baby-our first. She wakes at about 7-8am, eats, and plays for about 2 hours. She eats again at 9, lies around on the floor, and then usually takes a nap at some point mid-morning. She is only breastfed, so she eats about every 2-2.5 hours during the day. Afternoon, is the same routine-with a short nap. From around 7pm she just wants to be held, so I usually go out for a short walk with her. She has a good long feed at about 9pm, and then sleep until 5am. At 5am, has a quick snack, and then back to bed for another 2-3 hours.

On average she sleeps about 14 hours/day. And eats about 10 times a day. But she is sleeping 7-8 hours at night straight B"H!

Hope this helps! I know what it is like being a new mom-I just tried to make challah-what a fiasco!

sporty

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 5:29 am
My baby is almost 5 months.

She wakes abt 6-6:15 and plays. I typically feed her around 7. She never takes a full bottle. I usually give her a 20 min break and try again. Soon after she will go back to sleep in the bouncy seat for a while. Her next feed is at 11. Then she will play/nap again, this time in the stroller....and usually only for 45 minutes. Then she eats at 3 and plays and around 5 takes another short nap. I do bath around 6:15 and last bottle around 6:45 and she goes to sleep.
Then she wakes anywhere from 11-12. And again around 3.

Last night she woke at 10. Then at 1. She wouldnt go back to sleep at 1. I tried for an hour then woke DH and he tried for 45 minutes. Finally at 2:45 he put her in the bouncy and she went till 6.

I am at a loss for what to do with her honestly. She seems to hate her crib.

drumjj

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 12:09 pm
my baby has just turned five months. her normal day will be like this if I stay at home. if I dont it makes her whole schedule go out of wack because she wont sleep for a long time in the stroller.
usually she has a bottle around seven in the morning. (I try keep her on a 7,10,1,4 etc schedule but it doesnt always work. she is underweight and only takes 2-3oz a feed so doesnt always last) then around quarter to eight goes back to bed or eight depending what time she woke up its usually about 6,6.30. sleeps for a bit usually about 30-45 mins. plays on the mat a bit, drives me mad and whines for the next hour has a bottle at ten ish and goes down to sleep about ten thirty,10.45 and I hope its till one. sometimes she doesnt. then she eats again plays again and I go out to get my kids at 2.45 so she sleeps in the car/stroller a bit. come home bottle at four ish nap at 4.45/5 till 5.45 I dont let her sleep past this. then bath at seven bottle and bed. then she has a bottle about 10/11 then again at one ish and every two and half to three hours after that its a nightmare.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics