Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Phone etiquette
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 1:12 pm
If she needs you, she'll call you back.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 1:21 pm
See the one thing that I find annoying is when people call that I don't know and they do leave a message but not a reason why they are calling.

recently a man kept calling for my husband. Finally he called when my husband was home. What was he calling about.....he was my husband to donate money to something. AAHHH!!!

Motek

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 4:05 pm
suomynona wrote:
It might not be polite, but that doesn't mean it's your job to teach her a lesson.

not returning her call is synonymous with teaching her a lesson?! how would she know that and learn the lesson?

I don't see why you need caller ID when you don't want to take calls for your husband. An answering machine can screen your calls.

proud - my mother also said she would check out the number and I said - why should I bother? I'm not interested.

anyway, the phone rang and I answered it and it was the woman

I don't know her personally so she thought her name wouldn't mean anything to me. She needed some information. At the end of the call I said - you should just know that I wasn't rushing to call you back because you didn't say who you were and why you called. Just letting you know ...

so I understand that her name wouldn't have meant anything to me but she still needed to say SOMETHING about why I should call her back like, "My name is X and you don't know me, but I need some information and I think you could help me."

amother - Yael asked us to explain why we are anonymous unless it's obvious. And she asked us not to abuse it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette