Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Moving and need help
Previous  1  2

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 10:13 pm
btMomtoFFB's, I'm not sure I want tenth graders seeing all my personal stuff and how messy my house is. ladies, or my sisters and friends, ok, that's one thing.

Diznyima, they came today to make an estimate, he said he has to call me back tomorrow, he'll check with his staff, but he said if they pack 50% of the stuff, it will prob. cost $1000.00
but if I took other movers it would cost at least 1000 without them packing, so it's still cheaper, they are a reliable, professional company, they bring their own boxes and they also bring a wardrobe closet so e/thing stays on the hangers.
they had told me over the phone that it's $115 an hour, but the guy who came said it will be $135 an hour bec. they need a 4th guy bec. I have heavy/big furniture and 62 stairs to shlep it down. unless if I only want 3 guys in which case it will take longer so it doesn't really make any difference.
I will try to pack as much as I can, but I get tired out really really quickly, I pack half a box and I'm tired out.

wanderer

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 10:45 pm
Purple Rox, do you have a local paper or bulletin in your community? Maybe you could ask for help leshem mitzvah there. I don't know how many people on imamother are from your neighborhood...

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 10:53 pm
Colorful, I know that there are quite a few monroers here, I did post the same thread in the Chassidish velt, but got no replies there.

I guess the chassidish velt is in country, but monroe is a country so the monroe ppl should be here.

I don't have enough time to put it in a bulletin and wait till it gets printed, it will take too long.

Flowerpot

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 10:59 pm
Get a flat price for moving

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 11:15 pm
Hey Purple,
We have moved a lot in the past few years (hopefully we not move again for a long time!) so I totally understand the stress and tsuress.

I think you said you are moving from an apt? That 1000.00 that I mentioned was to pack a house full of stuff, including a beyond ridiculous amount of books. The whole move (interstate, about 12 hour drive) was about 6k. Possibly yours would charge more because it's not a huge move?

We used Moishe's when we originally moved out of NY (5 years ago) and they packed for us. I remember the price being rather reasonable. They also did a fabulous job, only one dish was broken out of the whole move.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 11:33 pm
They cant give me a flat price, it depends on how much I pack. I will call them closer to the moving date and tell them what percent I already packed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics