Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What kind of people live in Belle Harbor?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 9:05 am
We were in Belle Harbor (Rockaway Park) on Shabbos at the Ocean Villa hotel. I'm very intrigued by this place. It's soooo quiet and there were SO MANY empty homes. We hardly ran into any Yidden there. What kind of people live there? Is it expensive? Why isnt it more populated? It's surrounded on both sides by beach, it should be such a draw. There seemed to be a lot of adult homes and such there, and not any young couples. I know ther's a yeshiva there, but is there any other frum infrastructure like preschool, girls school etc? anyone know anyone who lives there?

bubbles

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 9:07 am
I think alot of people have summer homes there. Thats probably why the houses where empty.

solo

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 9:16 am
there is a nice frum community there, but not many young families moving there specifically because of the beaches. during the warm weather months there is an awful lot of pritzus going on. in addition, the public transportation is not great in that area and so for people with jobs in the city or even in brooklyn, its not exactly centrally located.
I know several people who live there and raised nice families but they were not the sort to notice so much the lack of tznius. on the contrary, for them the draw was, as u suggested, the proximity to beaches which they were able to utilize.

boruchhashem

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 8:43 pm
The old satmer rebbe used to go there alot.

elf123

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 11:57 pm
The people I know/knew who live there year-round are a)modern orthodox and b)wealthy!

Gefen

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 12:58 am
mamabear,

when did you go to the ocean villa / did you have kosher food or is there is a shul walking distance.
ideal to go for a weekend with two kids?

Need to get away somewhere kosher/kid friendly - garden/playroom - access to shul?

Catskills to far for me with kids and traffic - any ideas would be appreciated?

bonny

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 11:40 pm
Bumping this.
Does anyone here know if there is still a kosher hotel in Belle Harbor and if it is in the proximity of a shul/minyan?
I would greatly appreciate any leads.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries