Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
I need info on these yeshivos. Very important.
Previous  1  2

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 2:42 pm
Yes, Krasna and CS are different, but are both within our range of lifestyle. Our kids speak Yiddish and the Rebbes do, too, but the kids speak English with each other, so they are comfortable with both.

I don't mind boys being dirty and lively. That's a-okay with me. I mind there being no supervision. In litvishe shcools, they follow the laws or child/adult ratio and stuff like that. Here they have 0 adults for 25 children ratio for part of the day. Sweet.
It's normal for boys to scuffle, jump from cubbies, play rough. But once there is a kid who picks up a metal kiddie chair over his head and chases other students, bringing it down on their heads... and I saw one kid doing it EVERY time I picked up my son. Once that happens and you bring it up to the Rebbe and he says, "That's what 4 year old kids do..." it means it's time to get the hell out.

And once your son insists on wearing a coat when the weather gets warm and you can't figure out why... eventually you drag it out of him- he doesn't want the big boys on the bus to take of his yarmulka and throw it around and threaten to throw it out the window, so he wears a hood the entire time on the stuffy bus. Sad And we spoke to the bus rebbe several times to keep him sitting up front to no avail. Once that happens, you know it's not plain boy roughhousing.

Yes, I want the kids to be nurtured and taught how to behave by a woman who cares, not by a man who is there only to teach parsha and alef bais. Even though my older son will have a Rebbe no matter to what cheider he goes at this point, he will be with classmates who have had morahs and who have been taught that it's not normal to smash metal chairs on other kids' heads, it's not normal to hit a mother during pickup or to attack a 2 year old boy who walks into the classroom while his brother gathers his belongings. The Rebbes see all this and don't respond. When addressed, they say it's normal for a 4 year old.

This would never happen in a class with a morah. And hopefully, boys who had morahs up until now will know how to act like mentschen and my son won't have to suffer.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 2:45 pm
Sarahd, Yagdil Torah is Ger and we are not. The other chadorim I mentioned are sort of catch-all.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 2:47 pm
Unfortunately I have seen morahs letting kids go totally wild and eventually get hurt. And I have seen loving, caring cheder rebbes.
Some morahs can be cold or even mean. At the frum hairdresser in the pletzl I once met a man who had his kids in a charedi school with a morah, and the morah hit and insulted the kids. shock
And once at the zoo I saw an outing of a chassidish cheder, and the rebbe was soooo caring and nice, petting children, kissing them, etc.

gz

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 2:57 pm
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

bubby

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:02 pm
I dunno, Ruchel, nowadays when a Rebbe is petting kids & kissing them.... red flag there. But I take your point about a caring educator v. a cold one.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:07 pm
bubby wrote:
I dunno, Ruchel, nowadays when a Rebbe is petting kids & kissing them.... red flag there. But I take your point about a caring educator v. a cold one.

You're right about the red flag, I should have remembered it was a bad example for Imamother. Around me/my husband it is not a red flag. I will probably get bashed for this as I was last time I said it, but I'm just stating how it is by here.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:09 pm
Ruchel- there is no set rule, but it's usually the Morahs that are more attentive. The problem here is also that when there is a Rebbe, there is usually only one and maybe an assistant. With Morahs, you have 2 or 3. There is a better chance to have a more attentive Morah than a Rebbe for 3-4 year olds.

gz, how do you know which cheider I mean? What you say is true- I feel heartbroken leaving it. Had I known before what I know now, I would have sent to a different preschool and put them back there for 2nd grade when they have properly acclimated to the school environment and all.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:17 pm
Haa, totally agree about the numbers.

Often here there is also one morah by group, with maybe one assistant. In some places I heard of one morah for 15 or 20 kids.

gz

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:18 pm
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

sarahd

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:28 pm
GAMZu wrote:
Sarahd, Yagdil Torah is Ger and we are not. The other chadorim I mentioned are sort of catch-all.

It was my impression that they have non-Ger children too.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:37 pm
sarahd wrote:
GAMZu wrote:

It was my impression that they have non-Ger children too.
I will look into that, thanks for the heads up.

Sooo... does anyone know about Yadgil Torah?

sunspot

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 4:16 pm
I heard they change the method of learning there and it is very high pressure

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 4:29 pm
I know that Yagdil Torah definitely has non-ger kids there.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 8:41 pm
webdesignermom wrote:
I heard they change the method of learning there and it is very high pressure

Where?

sunspot

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 9:14 pm
yagdil torah
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries