Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Scrapbooking

elisabeth

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 4:46 pm
I absolutely love scrapbooking but don't know anyone who does it--any ladies out there into scrapbooking? If so, do you go to any crops or anything? Have you made the hobby social? I would love to connect with people who share my excitement for it!

allgood

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 6:35 pm
I'll definately consider myself a scrapperholic. I have gone to a couple of classes and have scrapped together with a couple of neighbors. I wouldn't say I made the hobby social as I still haven't found the time for that.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 6:38 pm
I love scrapping but wish I had more time to do it. When living in MD, I wanted to go to all of those get togethers - they were always on shabbos Sad

mominisrael2

Post Thu, Jul 16 2009, 11:43 am
I'm a scrapperholic too -- when I did "paper" albums I had a friend who sold Creative Memories products and we'd have get-togethers once a month or so...it was great fun.

These days, it's not too easy to get products now that I'm in Israel and away from my other scrapperholic friends, so I switched to digital...check out my aliyah scrapblog here:

http://hurwitz-aliyah-scrapbook.blogspot.com

elisabeth

Post Thu, Jul 16 2009, 11:48 am
Your digital scrapbook is so cute, mominisrael! I also got into scrapbooking through creative memories, and do different style paper scrapping now.

faigie

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 9:37 pm
im a scrapbooking freak!!!
I belong to a club to get my supplies

momsprince

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 10:09 pm
I also love scrapcooking. I'm now working on a first year calendar for my baby, it looks great in the mean while. Does anyone know of stores in the New York area that sell supplies?

bnm

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 11:09 pm
momsprince wrote:
I also love scrapcooking. I'm now working on a first year calendar for my baby, it looks great in the mean while. Does anyone know of stores in the New York area that sell supplies?

Amazing Savings
in BP there is a craft store called Craftique on 44 and 17
Scribbles on 36? and 14

Love My Babes

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 11:53 pm
I love scrapbooking. I dont do it very often, but when I get into my table is covered with stuff for days!! I have a sil who does it too, so we compare and get ideas, but we never got together, theres too much involved. u cant bring together all your stuff.

Love My Babes

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 11:54 pm
if ur willing to spend money, michaels art stores and ACmoore have tons of stuff. lady jane also, but I dont think thats a chain store.

yummydd

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:02 am
I also love scrapbooking, Michaels has great stuff for it.

mominisrael2

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 12:37 am
Love My Babe wrote:
I love scrapbooking. I dont do it very often, but when I get into my table is covered with stuff for days!! I have a sil who does it too, so we compare and get ideas, but we never got together, theres too much involved. u cant bring together all your stuff.

That's why scrapbooking companies sell not only supplies, but things to keep your supplies in -- like Creative Memories sells these huge scrapbook supply organizers on wheels for easy transporting to scrapping events...that's one reason I prefer digital -- I just keep a Photoshop page minimized on my computer screen and get to it whenever I have a few minutes, without the oodles of time involved in spreading my stuff all over the table and cleaning up every time I hear the pitter-patter of little feet coming... Smile

allgood

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 11:04 pm
momsprince wrote:

I just love shopping in Craftique. The women there is so helpful and they're always getting in new things. It's right near the F train so it's easy to get to from NYC

You can get better bargains in Amazing Savings, but I find it's not enough to put together a full spread.

RedTwizzler

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 6:58 pm
When scrapbooking an album do I glue items on one piece of paper in 1 sleeve or do I put 2 pieces of paper in 1 sleeve(so it will be back to back)?
Also I'm using a glue stick - is that a good adhesive or will everything unstick at some point?

allgood

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 8:56 pm
I'd say scrapbooking is about doing things how you like best. I personally use two papers back to back in one plastic slip. As far as glue stick if it sticks it should stay just like everything else. I'd just make sure it's acid free.

Have fun!

realeez

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 9:02 pm
Love My Babe wrote:
if ur willing to spend money, michaels art stores and ACmoore have tons of stuff. lady jane also, but I dont think thats a chain store.

For Michael's, you can sign up for weekly emails and get each week a 40% off coupon for one item.

I made a bunch of scrapbooks of my kids but the past bit, haven't had enough time. I did, though, make a few really nice photobooks from a site that lets you do more than the basics.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics