Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Roasted potaotes

happy lady 7

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 9:35 am
does any one know how to make roasted potatoes in the oven?

katb

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 10:12 am
I have been making quite good ones recently. You want to use floury potatoes, peel and boil for 3-4 minutes, drain and bash about a bit in the colander to fluff them up. Heat oil in a roasting tin, then put them in the hot oil and roast at about 200C for about an hour, turning once.

Annie

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 12:45 pm
are you talking about mashed and then roasted, or are you talking about cut up potatoes roasted.

If the latter - here are my two recipes --

1. cut potatoes in smallish pieces - 1 inch squares, or so (doesn't matter what kind, we use regular russet ones for this recipe)

2. Place in ziploc bag with a small amount of oil and shake, then add some onion soup mix to the bag, shake some more

3. pour into 9x13 pan

4. bake at 375 or 400 until tender - usually about 30-45 min (I think) I usually just test them when they start to smell good.

the other change is that you can use Mrs. Dash or another seasoning spice in place of the onion soup mix.

You can also get fancier if you want and use small red potatoes, just cut them in 1/4s and then add olive oil, rosemary and some minced fresh garlic. I like these a lot, but my kids don't so much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes