Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anybody have a kid with aspergers

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 7:32 pm
How was it discovered.thank you

Raisin

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
How was it discovered.thank you

there is a special needs parenting forum, maybe you could join that?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 8:01 pm
thank you

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 8:02 pm
we do not know yet so first I want to know how others discovered and then I an join

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 2:48 pm
bump

octopus

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 3:07 pm
First of all, how old is your child?
How is his language development? How many words does he say?
Do you suspect aspergers or does a professional suspect it?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:31 pm
we got an unoficial diagnosis and will get a real one next week. he is 9 and is stressed out in every social situation possible.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:04 pm
Sometimes I suspect my DH might have it.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 7:54 pm
I have it, but was not diagnosed until I was 21.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 8:32 pm

Last edited by ShakleeMom on Mon, Jul 13 2009, 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

momigor

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 5:48 am
My 18 year old son has Asperger's. He was diagnosed by a Psychiatrist when he was 12 after several mis-diagnoses. A Psychologist that does testing for this also met with him to confirm the diagnosis. Feel free to message me for more info.

alanaz

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 1:59 pm
My son Jason has Asperger's. It was diagnosed formally through a psychological evaluation through the school system. He is functioning quite nicely once I saw that he had food triggers for the more emotionally unstabling behaviors.

Melissa

amother

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 2:04 pm
my 14 year old son has it. He was originally diagnosed as autistic at age 3. B"H with therapy he has come along way that people dont even realize he has any issues.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 3:19 pm
you should be careful bef. accepting this diagnosis as it can easily be misdiagnosed. My son is now 14 yrs old and was diagnosed by pediatric neurologist. His only problem is that he is too smart. He is a little "shlumpy". He is a genuis and a masmid. He finishes one masechet gemorah after another. He loves to learn and the boys respect him for that. He definitely does not have aspergers. I would be very lary to accept this diagnosis.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:
you should be careful bef. accepting this diagnosis as it can easily be misdiagnosed. My son is now 14 yrs old and was diagnosed by pediatric neurologist. His only problem is that he is too smart. He is a little "shlumpy". He is a genuis and a masmid. He finishes one masechet gemorah after another. He loves to learn and the boys respect him for that. He definitely does not have aspergers. I would be very lary to accept this diagnosis.

It's wonderful that your son has accomplished so much. However, none of that would necessarily contradict a diagnosis of Asperger's. People's with Asperger's are often very productive members of society. I'm not implicating that your son does indeed have Asperger's, just trying to ensure that no one has any misconceptions based on your post.

Asperger's is no different from any other diagnosis, whether diabetes, asthma, or depression. Do your research, have the child evaluated by an experienced and respected appropriate professional, and daven that Hashem guides you in the right direction.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics