Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Incredibly moist honey cake recipe
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

pinktichel

Post Sat, Aug 29 2009, 2:33 pm
2 eggs
3/4 c. honey
1 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. strong coffee

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased 9x13. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.

I made SO many of these last yr and not one failed. I froze them and they were so moist and delicious when defrosted.

lamplighter

Post Sat, Aug 29 2009, 6:25 pm
Thanks!
2 questions though- does it get that gooey top like the bakeries (I've never eaten homemade honey cake that was as good as the bakery so I'm apprehensive) and secondly, how many loaf pans do you think this will make? or should I just keep to the 9x13?

pinktichel

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 12:48 am
la456 wrote:
Thanks!
2 questions though- does it get that gooey top like the bakeries (I've never eaten homemade honey cake that was as good as the bakery so I'm apprehensive) and secondly, how many loaf pans do you think this will make? or should I just keep to the 9x13?

I can't remember how many loaf pans I made it in. I'm guessing 2.
It doesn't get super gooey on top, but does get sticky cuz it's so moist. My Dh hates the sticky tops so I have to try and dry it out for him. Rolling Eyes

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 2:50 am
pinktichel wrote:
la456 wrote:
Thanks!

I can't remember how many loaf pans I made it in. I'm guessing 2.
It doesn't get super gooey on top, but does get sticky cuz it's so moist. My Dh hates the sticky tops so I have to try and dry it out for him. Rolling Eyes

Haha. Sounds a bit like my husband. Loves "dry". Hates "sticky" or "wet" in his cakes!

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 2:28 pm
I made a double recipe! SOOO yummy!

It made 4 1lb loaf disposable pans, and 3 small oval disposable pans. (the double recipe)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 2:32 pm
Can't wait to try this pinktichel.
Did I need to use a mixer, or can I just mix it by hand?
Also, what's a strong cup of coffee? 1 Tbsp instant coffee and 8 oz. boiling water?

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 4:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Can't wait to try this pinktichel.
Did I need to use a mixer, or can I just mix it by hand?
Also, what's a strong cup of coffee? 1 Tbsp instant coffee and 8 oz. boiling water?

I always put 2 tspn in the coffee when a cake calls for it- I thought that was a strong cup. LOL A tbspn sounds like a real zinger!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 4:55 pm
octopus wrote:
I always put 2 tspn in the coffee when a cake calls for it- I thought that was a strong cup. LOL A tbspn sounds like a real zinger!

Lol! Thanks for your measurements octopus!

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 4:57 pm
ra_mom wrote:
octopus wrote:

Lol! Thanks for your measurements octopus!

but who knows! maybe a tbspn makes it taste amazing. I just always assumed that a (drinkable) strong cup of coffee is 2 tspn.

pinktichel

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 11:49 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I made a double recipe! SOOO yummy!

It made 4 1lb loaf disposable pans, and 3 small oval disposable pans. (the double recipe)

Thanks for the feedback. It's always nice to know when someone has made your recipe and enjoyed it!

devy88

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 1:08 pm
pinktichel wrote:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased 9x13. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.

I made SO many of these last yr and not one failed. I froze them and they were so moist and delicious when defrosted.

well, as for this being a no-fail cake....I guess u haven't met me yet Crying

I decided to try this in a bundt pan 'cuz I wanted something just a little more fancy (was going to put some kind of icing onto it)

someone please tell me what I did wrong: I baked it on 325 instead of 350 so that the outside shouldn't burn , and I baked it for an hour or more... I finally gave up when I saw the edges turning black and yet the inside was still wet in some areas.

let me also add that I used a silicone bundt pan 'cuz I usually have trouble getting it out of the regular bundt pans. does anyone know why this failed?

tia

pinktichel

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 1:31 pm
devy88 wrote:
pinktichel wrote:

well, as for this being a no-fail cake....I guess u haven't met me yet Crying

I decided to try this in a bundt pan 'cuz I wanted something just a little more fancy (was going to put some kind of icing onto it)

someone please tell me what I did wrong: I baked it on 325 instead of 350 so that the outside shouldn't burn , and I baked it for an hour or more... I finally gave up when I saw the edges turning black and yet the inside was still wet in some areas.

let me also add that I used a silicone bundt pan 'cuz I usually have trouble getting it out of the regular bundt pans. does anyone know why this failed?

tia

I don't know where you went wrong, cuz it sounds like you did everything right! I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe some expert bakers can help?

Rikolla3

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 2:03 pm
what do u mean 1 c strong coffee? a full cup of the actual coffee or teaspoon/tablespoon? I never baked be4 and I want to try. please be VERY specific!!

thanks

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 2:14 pm
have you ever added raisins?

pinktichel

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 2:15 pm
Rikolla3 wrote:
what do u mean 1 c strong coffee? a full cup of the actual coffee or teaspoon/tablespoon? I never baked be4 and I want to try. please be VERY specific!!

thanks

1 c. of hot water with about 1 T. of coffee (I'm estimating... I just throw it in)

pinktichel

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 2:16 pm
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
have you ever added raisins?

nope. Don't like them very much.

bubby

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 7:21 pm
I messed up with the recipe & I used 2 1/2 cups of coffee. So I threw in more flour. The batter tasted delicious & the cakes look amazing! Thanks, Pinkie xxx

Rikolla3

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 9:35 pm
do u need a mixer to mix the ingredients t/g or a spoon will do?

pinktichel

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 10:57 pm
Rikolla3 wrote:
do u need a mixer to mix the ingredients t/g or a spoon will do?

I suppose a spoon would be ok, just be sure to mix really well.

pinktichel

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 10:58 pm
bubby wrote:
I messed up with the recipe & I used 2 1/2 cups of coffee. So I threw in more flour. The batter tasted delicious & the cakes look amazing! Thanks, Pinkie xxx

2 1/2 cups of coffee?! Well, I'm sure the coffee lovers will be thrilled!!
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins