Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3 1/2 taking a nap

malky800

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 12:40 am
Is it unhealthy for a 3 1/2 yr to stil be taking afternoon naps?
My 3 yr can get so tired in the afternoon that he falls asleep in the funniest positions. like in the shopping cart in the store, or in the car is I'm driving for more than 5 minutes.
then he has ends up staying up later at night and doesn't fall asleep until after 9?
Is this unhealthy if I willingly put him into bed after he gets home from playgroup. It would just make my life easier if I have a 2 hr break from him in the afternoon and let him run around later at night.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 12:43 am
Why would sleep that he clearly needs be unhealthy??? Most countries take siestas in the middle of the day after their afternoon repast.

My 3 yo needs a nap (He's 3 and 3 months) and when he doesn't get one, he's shall we say, extremely challenging to deal with. Well, he went to camp and they didn't have naps. It was really hard. Now we're trying to get them back in in the past week or so and things are getting better. He starts school in a couple of weeks and they have naps scheduled in there as well.

I think if your child needs it (as he clearly does) give it to him, everyone will be much happier for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics