Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Which therapists would you recommend form Step by Step?
Previous  1  2

bashinda

Post Sat, Aug 29 2009, 9:32 pm
Just want to wish you hatzlacha. Being from CH my recommendations probably won't be much of a help unfortunately.

MinnieMa

Post Sat, Aug 29 2009, 9:44 pm
Both my children got therapy through step by step and I had amazing therapists.
Joanne zaphiris was beyond excellent as a special ed.
Robert Weingarten is an excellent PT

Hatzlacha

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 2:44 am
How is special ed played out with a 10 month old?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 1:05 am
mom of girls wrote:
I have had therapy for dd-she was a preemi also thru step by step. they have great therapists. I know the speech/feeding therapist you are talking about. She is amazing with kids that have major/medical feeding issues. She is a wonder therapist, thou I didn't fall for her the way you didn't either. She does give a very poor impression but really know her stuff. I can't say she is always right, not with your lil princess either. Maybe she just wanted to get her point across to you the wrong way. Any way the Thursday team they have as evaluators are all the top. Melek is a doll! Speak to your service coordinator about having her on your case. She might not service your area or have a full caseload.
For a sped Mary McClellen is amazing. She is irish and speaks a fluent yiddish. Tell your s.c. that you want her cuz she might have space on her caseload.
For ot Jill Anderson (I had for my daughter) is one of the top ot's. or Esther Husarsky is also great.
for st Sharon Golden,
pt-if you want a man Jonathan Orgel
Your service coordinator is really great! she will get you great therapists. Just stick with her!

I am familiar with all of these therapists and they are all tops. If you have a pen and paper handy Gamzu, write these names.

Mary Maclellan Special Ed or Special Instruction as it is called in EI is great.

Hentsie Eisner is a great ST.

Esther Husarsky is a great OT.

Jonathan Orgel PT is tops.

I wonder if I know you Mom of girls. Do you work for Step By Step?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 1:05 am
mom of girls wrote:
I have had therapy for dd-she was a preemi also thru step by step. they have great therapists. I know the speech/feeding therapist you are talking about. She is amazing with kids that have major/medical feeding issues. She is a wonder therapist, thou I didn't fall for her the way you didn't either. She does give a very poor impression but really know her stuff. I can't say she is always right, not with your lil princess either. Maybe she just wanted to get her point across to you the wrong way. Any way the Thursday team they have as evaluators are all the top. Melek is a doll! Speak to your service coordinator about having her on your case. She might not service your area or have a full caseload.
For a sped Mary McClellen is amazing. She is irish and speaks a fluent yiddish. Tell your s.c. that you want her cuz she might have space on her caseload.
For ot Jill Anderson (I had for my daughter) is one of the top ot's. or Esther Husarsky is also great.
for st Sharon Golden,
pt-if you want a man Jonathan Orgel
Your service coordinator is really great! she will get you great therapists. Just stick with her!

I am familiar with all of these therapists and they are all tops. If you have a pen and paper handy Gamzu, write these names.

Mary Maclellan Special Ed or Special Instruction as it is called in EI is great.

Hentsie Eisner is a great ST.

Esther Husarsky is a great OT.

Jonathan Orgel PT is tops.

I wonder if I know you Mom of girls. Do you work for Step By Step?

bnm

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 1:56 am
I agree about Hency, I consulted with her when I was told my daughter has reflux, she was very helpful.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 10:03 am
GAMZu wrote:
How is special ed played out with a 10 month old?

That'a exactly what it is - PLAYED out. The special ed therapist will work with your child to make sure that she has age-appropriate play and learning skills - at that age: cause and effect (like - push something and it makes something else happen, etc), trying to keep her attention focused on something, fingerplay songs and trying to elicit whatever sounds sshe can to start your baby's verbal development. There's more, but I'm too lazy to go into more detail...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics