Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What could it be- and bad timing
Previous  1  2

drumjj

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 8:59 am
good luck really I hope it works out ok and he feels better. have u tried giving him nurofen also bec do u know u can give both at the same time? I hope that he is better before u go into labour and it all works out ok. these things always happen at the worse times.

Seraph

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 9:00 am
merelyme wrote:
As if you haven't been exposed already. Don't worry too much about it.
The doc says that so long as I'm not feeling symptoms, there is the possibility that I didnt catch it. He isnt sneezing and I made sure not to "share germs" with him today...

Seraph

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 9:03 am
drumjj wrote:
good luck really I hope it works out ok and he feels better. have u tried giving him nurofen also bec do u know u can give both at the same time?
I don't have any nurofen, but my neighbor is going to bring some over for me in a little bit...

hila

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 9:05 am
sponge him down, or put him in a luke warm bath (not cold, but not hot) and let him play there for a while. If necessary give him something he really likes to bribe him to stay in.

Send him a hug from me please !

Seraph

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 9:19 am
hila wrote:
sponge him down, or put him in a luke warm bath (not cold, but not hot) and let him play there for a while. If necessary give him something he really likes to bribe him to stay in.

Send him a hug from me please !
I'm sponging him down with a cool washcloth.

I'll try the bath soon.

I have to say, baruch hashem he's drinking. He's had 4 full bottles of tea since noon today...

drumjj

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 10:09 am
its great that he is still drinking and that really is great bec if he would dehydrate then its an even bigger worry really .

drumjj

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 12:33 pm
how is he doing

Seraph

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 12:38 pm
drumjj wrote:
how is he doing
Somewhat better, but not sure if thats just because of the acamol or because he is healing. Of course, this is after my husband took off of work to come home and watch him- he walks in and uriel is bouncing off the walls, cracking up, not lying listless like he had for the 3 hours beforehand...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 12:40 pm
Refuah Shelaima BiKarov to your son!
Swine flu is just another strain of flu. My daughter had it, and B"H no one at home caught it from her.
Warm wishes for lots of Koach, being sent your way!

drumjj

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 12:41 pm
that always happens doesnt it but it def could be from the medicine sometimes it makes them a bit hyper expecially if it has taken down his fever. I hope u get a better nights sleep tonight.

hadasa

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 2:56 pm
Refuah sheleimah to your son and beshaah tovah.

merelyme

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 1:22 pm
How are both of you doing today?

Seraph

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 1:56 pm
merelyme wrote:
He had a terrible night last night- waking every hour and not going back to sleep easily. So he was so overtired today. He seemed to have somewhat of a fever, but not insanely high- I didnt take his temperature. Aside from the overtiredness, he behaved fine and like himself today, but did throw up one time.

I have a sore throat now and a cough and a headache...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 2:02 pm
Seraph wrote:
merelyme wrote:
He had a terrible night last night- waking every hour and not going back to sleep easily. So he was so overtired today. He seemed to have somewhat of a fever, but not insanely high- I didnt take his temperature. Aside from the overtiredness, he behaved fine and like himself today, but did throw up one time.

Refuah Shelaima to both of you!
Seraph, if you have a way to get elderberry from the health food store, start taking it as soon as possible. It really helps with keeping the flu to a minimum, if you start taking it right away. (I took it when my dd had the flu this summer and my throat was huring. I had a low immune system at the time. B"H I didn't end up getting the flu.)

Seraph

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 2:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Seraph wrote:
merelyme wrote:

Refuah Shelaima to both of you!
Seraph, if you have a way to get elderberry from the health food store, start taking it as soon as possible. It really helps with keeping the flu to a minimum, if you start taking it right away. (I took it when my dd had the flu this summer and my throat was huring. I had a low immune system at the time. B"H I didn't end up getting the flu.)
I don't have any elderberry...
But I loaded up on vitamin c, garlic, honey, tea, soups, etc today and yesterday. I don't seem to be getting worse, so thats good...

drumjj

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 2:31 pm
refua shlema, I hope he is better and u do soon.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 2:47 pm
Seraph wrote:
I don't have any elderberry...
But I loaded up on vitamin c, garlic, honey, tea, soups, etc today and yesterday. I don't seem to be getting worse, so thats good...

Baruch Hashem. Stay well!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics