Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
ISO pumpkin (dala'at) kugel (freezable, sweet or savoury)
Previous  1  2

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 8:13 am
pinktichel wrote:
Defy, is the kugel supposed to be a bit wet/raw? It baked for hrs and finally the toothpick came out clean. I just cut off some of the end, and it's quite sticky, but edible. Will it set more when it's in the fridge? I hope I didn't waste time/ingredients. Sad That canned pumkin was from my small supply that my father brought me from the US.

It's not supposed to have cake-like consistency. It's more of a pumpkin pie type consistency.

freidasima

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 8:15 am
The inyan is only black grapes. You can eat green ones. the idea behind it is that black grapes cause forgetfulness according to kabbalistic thought. therefore for example if you dream about black grapes you have to do a tikkun if you hold according to this. But today, with almost all grapes being green and purple there is no inyan regarding grapes except black ones.

(from a sicha by Rav Ovadia which I heard two days ago).

pinktichel

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 12:18 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
pinktichel wrote:
Defy, is the kugel supposed to be a bit wet/raw? It baked for hrs and finally the toothpick came out clean. I just cut off some of the end, and it's quite sticky, but edible. Will it set more when it's in the fridge? I hope I didn't waste time/ingredients. Sad That canned pumkin was from my small supply that my father brought me from the US.

It's not supposed to have cake-like consistency. It's more of a pumpkin pie type consistency.

It settled and is delicious! I had to cover it and bury it in the fridge so I stop eating it! I'm just disappointed that I didn't take it out a bit earlier so the top wouldn't be so rubbery.
Thanks again!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 12:22 pm
Phew! I was worried that it didn't come out well! I'm probably going to make that kugel this week with either butternut or pumpkin. I have a ton of them that I have to use!

I've been making so many different recipes with them this past week, thank goodness they're such a versatile vegetable!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes