Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What do you put in your clothing storage boxes?

hinda

Post Mon, May 18 2009, 5:04 pm
Answer: Stuff....obviously Smile
My question is do you put in a dryer sheet or Febreeze or anything else to keep it fresh? I live in a dry climate so I am not worried about mold,mildew etc. just the clothes smelling stale. And also, what do you do if you buy bins (Rubbermaid's for ex) and they have that new plastic smell.What would you use to wash it out before using it? It would need to be something that wouldn't be harmful to any fabric-any suggestions> I must get rid of these winter clothes and make space in my house asap.
Thanks

louche

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 12:36 am
Fragrant soap like yardley english lavender if I have it, plain ivory if that's all I have. the fragrance lasts for years and years when you keep the soap in a bin like that, and the clothes smell fabulous. I keep the soap wrapped or boxed till the fragrance fades a lot, then unwrap and put right back in the bin. I've also used those smelly strips that come in magazines and with credit card statements, as well as tea balls filled with either a cotton ball with a few drops of essential oil or cologne, or spices like whole cloves or cinnamon sticks.

to deodorize plastic, either leave open in bright sunlight for a while, or else fill with crumpled newspaper for a few days. baking soda or charcoal briquets may also do the trick.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics