Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Abortion protests today, made me sick

shayna82

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 11:57 am
lets not get into the deep politics of the topic.

this morning, at a very busy intersection, on all four corners of the street, were these people holding huge signs of babies being pulled out of uterus's at early ages, it left nothing to your imagination. being that im expecting, it probably hit me more than someone who isnt, but thats besides the point. I almost wanted to roll down my window and ask them why my kids have to see such graphic pictures! horrible

then someone said, as jews, we want the holocaust and pictures from that horrible time period to be public and known, its similar- the people/ kids had no choice and were killed, and abortion is similar.

do you agree?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:02 pm
I don't think it should be shown (be it abortion or Holocaust, by the way) to just everyone around.

I think hospitals that do abortions (since apparently not all manage to hire a doctor who agrees to do them) should have someone show the pics to the women who want CONVENIENCE (NOT medical) abortions. If only so they know fully and make a fully informed choice of whzt they choose to inflict on their own child, the closest person they will ever have, that is there defenceless and relying on them for protection.

Twoisacharm

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:14 pm
I dont see what this has to do with the holocaust - that was inflicted upon us - abortion (unless if its medically necessary) is something a person inflicts upon themselves

I think its horrible that they are allowed to stand there with pictures - in my area they just hold up signs (words)....but I imagine they feel the same way that the vegan/animal rights movement feel - I wonder if they have ever been told not to show their pics!??!?!?!

bshah tova!!!!!

mimivan

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:22 pm
I am against abortion...but I really resent non-Jews making facile Holocaust analogies.
And when we show images of the Holocaust, it is done in a sensitive way and not standing in the middle of the street screaming at people.
While I sympathize with the anti-abortion sentiment, I decry the way much of this is done, and I think it only gives chayus to the opposition, who stereotype those who are opposed to abortion as pushy, fanatic and over the top...

b'shaa tova, and I am also very sensitive when pregnant to things like this

shayna82

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:28 pm
Well said minivan, thats how I think also . I hope when I get the kids from school they wont be there anymore, because ill be walking, and my kids will want to stop and look and ask questions...

twoisacharm, you misunderstand. the babies that are being aborted dont have a choice/kids in holocaust didnt have a choice, not talking about the mother that choose to abort or not. its about the kids. I also dont think holocaust pictures should be shown on streets, thats what museums, books are for. however, these topics should be known to the public, but not done in such a revolting way. I wont get into what is shown, but its really really revolting. I felt like throwing-up

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:30 pm
there has been an anti abortion van on a main street near me for about a month now. all they have is a van emblazoned with their message & a ratty baby stroller that they wheel back and forth. I think I like the local version better.

Twoisacharm

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:38 pm
ah shayna ur going deeper than me.....I meant that the mothers inflict it upon themselves I wasnt thinking about the babies that they are killing for no good reason.....makes me tear Crying

like a stupid idiot when I was preg with ds (first preg) I opened a popup (never again!!!) to an abortion site - two seconds was more than I needed to run throwing up on the parquet floor Puke it was horrible

shayna82

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:40 pm
I hear ya, its really sick what they were showing. its a perfect intersection for them, because theres a long red light, so your just stuck there looking at it, or trying not to...

Twoisacharm

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:52 pm
isnt it weird how ur head/eyes are attracted to it anyway!?!?!?!?!? its like I cant take my eyes away from them...craning my head around 'what does it say.....OMG shock - NUTCASES!!!!' my ds is always amused at my flabbergasted face...its a good thing he cant read yet - il have to find another route then cause he aint seeing that if it has anything to do with me!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 8:59 pm
I'm not pro or anti abortion I think every individual needs to think for themselves and make their own choice. A prgnant 14 year old crack addict with a deformed fetus inside her may want to consider all her options before briging a sickly infant for society to raise.
I hate those militant abortion activists--thrusting graphic pictures in our faces.
When I was pregnat with my 3rd and I KNEW he would have a significant birth defect the doctor started talking about options and I lost it. BH my child has been fully corrected but I made an intelligent, informed decisioun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics