Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Chessed?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 7:40 am
Does anyone know of a chessed opportunity where I could make food for people in need for shabbos or during the week?

I really want to do something, to give something other than woney and I love to cook... any ideas?

Or any other ways you know of doing chessed here?

ora_43

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 7:58 am
Most neighborhoods have a chessed committee that organizes meals for people who are ill, postpartum, etc. Try your phone book, or ask at shul.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 2:01 pm
Contact these two people who have a Gemach for people who are on the SCD diet.

Avi Cohen from Bne Brak
ezra-um@2zahav.net
or see in the israeli web ww.scdiet.co.il

Rabbi Rosenbaum
Phone #: 02-532-8817 Address: POB 41061 Jerusalem, Israel

Tamiri

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 2:06 pm
Are you near me? I could use some chessed cooking. My arm is broken and I can't do anything more strenuous than making an egg as I can't lift pots - can't make pasta, for example. If I make something like a piece of meat in a pot (pot on stove, pour in water from a bottle, dump meat and spices) I can't lift it into the fridge or take it out to serve...
I am not serious, BH we are managing, but maybe find someone like me, a woman with a family and a broken arm or leg or whatever, who doesn't have an angel mother to help her and make RH and YK for her (we are hoping I can do Sukkot).

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 2:15 pm
Tamiri I wish I can fly you some stuff Sad

Tamiri

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 2:21 pm
Thanks, Sweetie. I am blessed to have a mother with seemingly boundless energy who did her best for us, even though we live a good 20 minutes away. We had a few hungry days and I would have welcomed the chessed so my mother would not have to do everything (I try to keep her work for us to a minimum because she doesn't know her own limits) but now it's better. I found out DS1 can make wonderful chicken on the grill - we bought cut up rather than the usual whole chix I buy and cut myself - plus rice for Shabbat, and DH bought some sides and we have been invited out for lunch these past few weeks. Oh, right: I forgot to mention that I broke my arm five days before we moved from one yishuv to another. Fun. But since we are new, we have invites which, besides being good for us socially, are also chessed.
DH is useful for shopping but gone 14 hours/day so he can't do the kitchen stuff. He makes the sandwiches as shmearing hurts me.
Anyway, it would have been amazing chessed to get dinner in those first couple of very hard weeks.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 3:36 pm
As far as I remember Ezer Mitziyon collects ready prepared meals that they give out at hospitals to those wanting mehadrin food (where it isn't available) and to patients' families.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 4:39 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:

Avi Cohen from Bne Brak
ezra-um@2zahav.net

Rabbi Rosenbaum

What is the SCD diet?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:

Avi Cohen from Bne Brak
ezra-um@2zahav.net

Rabbi Rosenbaum

What is the SCD diet?

The specific carbohydrate diet, or "the Crohn's diet". Check out www.breakingtheviciouscycle.com for more info than I hope you'll ever need.

I wonder if Hindy of the Shabbos mevarchim challah for Mumbai movement would know of contacts for challah and more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions