Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
My Favorite tsimmis recipe: Tofu/Coconut/Sweet Potato Pie

Earnest

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 8:50 pm
Basically a Variation on Tofu/Fruit Pie Smile .Tell me if you like it. It's my 'signature dish'. It can be served as a side dish, or as dessert. My family/guests rave about it. LOL Wink Ahem!
The Sweet Potato mixed with 1/3 cup Tofu mixture, on bottom layer of Graham Cracker Crust.
Tofu/Coconut Mix is Top Layer.
Slices of Baked Carrot 'sprinkled' on Tofu layer (It's the carrots that make it a tsimmis-siman)

Details: Bake sweet potatos till soft. Cool and mash with potato masher. Put aside.
Tofu Mixture: The tofu mixtuew tastes like parve cheesecake. 1 cup maple syrup, 1 package Baker's brand soft, sweet, shredded coconut, 2 eggs, 1 container Tofu, 3 Tablespoons lemon juice. Add more sweetner if you like. Put Tofu ingredients into blender or food processor.
Add 1/3 cup of Tofu mixture to mashed sweet potatoes. Pour it into bottom of Graham Cracker crust, but only half-way full Then, pour the Tofu mixture on top to be the top layer of pie. Decorate with a few thin slices of baked carrot. Bake for 1 hour, 350 degrees, or until top turns slightly brown. Serve cold.

sped

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:09 am
I am drooling! This sounds so great! Now if only you would send me some over here??? Smile

freidasima

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:12 am
Any way to do this without maple syrup? Real (organic) maple syrup here is about $10 a cup or more! Also you can't get shredded coconut unsweetened in most places, any substitute for the coconut?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus