Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Answer needed tonight

amother

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 9:26 pm
my child 7 yrs old is scheduled to have a uriflow test tomorrow. She
still daywets. (nighttime is fine) What exactly does this test show?

she then might start biofeedback. what does that mean?

mother48

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 9:58 am
don't know-but please post when you find out. I'm curious

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 10:09 am
http://www.montereybayurology......w.htm

What is a uroflow test?

The uroflow is a study to determine the flow rate of your urine during voiding. The test is sometime done to look for the cause of incomplete bladder emptying, slow stream, burning with urination, bladder pain, or other symptoms.
How do I do a uroflow test?

In order for the test to be accurate it is important that you have a normal urge to urinate at the time of the test. If you do not feel the urge to go, but try to force out a small amount of urine, the test will not be accurate. You should come to the office with a full bladder, or come early and drink water when you arrive until your bladder is full. Do not urinate before the procedure. You will be asked upon arrival to void into a special toilet that measures the force of the urinary stream. You should try to make the uroflow test as similar as possible to a normal urination. Usually we check the bladder with anu ltrasound immediately after the uroflow test to see how much urine is left behind in the bladder after urination (called the post-void residual or PVR).
Posssible Risks of Uroflow Test

There are no risks with this procedure.
Preparation for Uroflow Test

* Come to the office with a full bladder or come early to drink water until the bladder is full
* urinate into flow meter

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 10:12 am
before anybody has a procedure you should get all the pertinent information from the doctor ... they have pamphlets for this purpose ... nobody should go into something blindly ... knowledge is power ...

good luck !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics