Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Canon Camera - any recommendations????

cheesecakesforme

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 1:42 pm
I need to purchase a camera desperately.... I know I want a canon basic point and shoot camera. Does anyone have any recommendations? Every store I asked recommends a different model... I'm all confused now Confused

girliesmommy

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 2:40 pm
I have the Canon SD1000 and am very happy with it, but I'm sure there are much more recent models available since I bought mine a yea and a half ago.

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 3:01 pm
they have a new waterproof one. check into that, it might be more durable to kids handling it. also they have lots of pretty colors now.

I had one of their first models, the S410, since then they changed so much.... get one with IS-image stabilization.

also, do you like the tiny little ones or do you want something a little bigger that you can hold onto? what features are most important to you? (big screen, battery type, viewfinder...etc etc)

merelyme

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 3:08 pm
Love the IS200.

esteer

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 11:14 pm
ive got the g9 camera its excellent now the g10 is out on the market takes great photography pictures

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 11:18 pm
I have the G10 but if your only going to use it as a point and shoot and never learn the features its too much of a camera. also, its much bigger and heavier than the compact ones. Sd850 was on top of consumer reports lists a while ago, see what is the current top one and go with that.

esteer

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 11:25 pm
bnm wrote:
I have the G10 but if your only going to use it as a point and shoot and never learn the features its too much of a camera. also, its much bigger and heavier than the compact ones. Sd850 was on top of consumer reports lists a while ago, see what is the current top one and go with that.

are u familiar with all options?I would love to get tips

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 11:29 pm
esteer wrote:
bnm wrote:

are u familiar with all options?I would love to get tips

I'm learning bit by bit. I want to read the manual, there are also some good photography tutorials online-they explain everything.

kiwi

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 11:46 pm
where do I check whats on the top costumers list?

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 11:50 pm
consumerreports.org

your library should have the print version so you can check it up for free.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art