Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Having diarea and sending to daycare
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 8:27 am
My child asks to go. She likes having children to play with.

Quote:
It's easy to want to trust your dr. when they tell you what you want to hear, like send to daycare or it's not big deal

Nice try. I asked the doctors to keep dd. They said no big deal and no need.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
I don't know I somewhat agree with Ruchel. My son has diarrhea for 3 weeks now, some days only once a day and some 4 times a day, he feels fine, no fever eats as usual. After 2 weeks my ped sent me for all kinds of stool tests and they all came back negative. She said there is such a thing as toddler diarrhea (look for it in babycenter.com) that toddlers get diarrhea for no apparent reason...

Funny you mentioned that. I was going to say that exact same thing. My dd had this when she was 3 1/2. After 2 days of fever w/ diarhea, my ped did a stool culture and bloodwork. The fever went away and everything was negative for any infections. When the diarrhea soneinued for over a week, he called it toddler diarrhea and told me to send her to school on a light diet, but not just BRAT. She wasn't going to the bathroom every 10 minutes but I'd say every hour to 2 hours. he gave me a note to give the school and it was fine. He even told me that he felt she wasn't contagious because there was no bacteria/viruses to be transmitted present in her blood or stool.
So I guess there is somthing what your ped said too.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics