Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Introducing Formula
Previous  1  2

mommyofnineka

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 5:51 pm
desertrose wrote:
Try a different formula like I suggested or ask the pediatrician for a prescription for the more sensitive tummy formulas, that way it will cost less - they are otherwise very very expensive.
She is drinking fast though....try slowing her down? I am no expert, just my two cents on the matter. I know how you feel because I am more or less in the same postion right now.

I did not know that there is a special formula for sensitive tummies. Nor did I know you could get a perscription for it. Thanks for the tip. Now I just have to find a Pediatrician . . . Wink

melbee

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 5:59 pm
Have you tried the non-soy formula? I also am allergic to the dairy kind, and so had to have soy. When DS started formula, I was worried he might be too, and started him on soy. He screamed and wouldn't take it at all. We tried regular formula, and he took to it right away, no more problems. If you don't know for sure he will have an adverse reaction, you might want to try the regular kind.

mommyofnineka

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 6:21 pm
Thanks! Thumbs Up

desertrose

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 4:49 am
I stopped eating dairy and white flour for dd sake. I have seen formula that is lactose free but still considered halavi (think its similac). Is that better than soy? Somehow I dont see how soy can be a better option when it can also cause stomache upsets.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 11:38 pm
mommyofsix wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Right, the milk drips out and the baby gulps it down. If you hold it horizontally so it's parallel with the floor, it should NOT drip out. Have the feeder hold it like this when feeding your daughter, and your baby will have to suck it out and not just swallow, and might take less per feeding.

But won't she swallow more air that way?

I burped her 3 times during her 60 ounce meal.
Nope. Not when the formula/milk fills the nipple but can't drip out. Experiment at the sink and you'll see what I mean. Fill up a bottle with water, hold it downward and you'll see it drips out. Hold it horizontally so that the water fills the nipple but still doesn't drip out. That's the angle it should be at.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics