Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Gift buying advice from moms of twins needed!!!

SingALong

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 8:41 pm
hey all you moms with twins! a friend of mine just had twins and I don't know what would be the best or most useful gift. should I get 2 outfits, like a pink and blue? should I get toys? or toys for the older kids? I think she has all the baby gear she needs, like double stroller, extra crib/pack and play, what ever. any suggestions as to what you would like to have gotten or what was a great gif tthat you got?

Blue jay

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 9:15 pm
Offer to babysit or help out.

Gift cards are always nice
If your friend is struggling to bottlefeed both at once, bottle props were the best Idea for me Look on the internet the u shaped ones with an attatched ring to hold the bottles were the best

Winter coats

Boppy pillows

A case of diapers

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 9:50 pm
I was surprised at some of the things I ended up having two of... 2 swings, 2 exersaucers, 2 highchairs, etc. Somehow I thought the babies would just take turns but it didn't work out like that so if she needs a 2nd of any of those type things, or maybe an extra bouncy seat that would be nice. But probably the best gift at all for a mom of newborn twins is the gift of help... B"H I have a lot of family around, but if not for that I would certainly have needed friends to help me out with a couple hours of babysitting or meals or errands or whatever. It can be so overwhelming in the beginning.

malky613

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 5:16 am
* If you can, definitely offer help. Not sure what her family or hired help situation is, but even with both, it is very overwhelming at first. Be specific -- ask her if you can do laundry, wash bottles, make supper. I was so grateful for extra suppers that went right into my freezer until I needed them. Since she has older kids, this would probably be super helpful.

* When there are older kids, taking them off of the new mom's hands so she can focus on the twins would be a lifesaver. Take them to the playground or watch them at her home -- or yours -- for a couple of hours once a week for a few weeks. Ask her if it would be more helpful to set a schedule or play it by air.

* If you would rather purchase something, a gift card at any mass baby-type store, even Target, is awesome. Diapers are always a good idea, just not Newborn size. They grow out of those so quickly.

* If you can't resist buying clothing (I know, it's hard...) please buy only 18 months or larger and if possible, buy coordinated, NOT identical.

* Whatever you do, don't get two of the same toy. I can't tell you how many people gave us two of the same thing. My twins have yet to want to play with the same toy at the same time. They are now 14 months B"H and have already outgrown a number of these double gifts.

The most appreciated gifts I got were gift cards. The best items given were 2 "Bundle Me"s but since she has older kids, she may already have those.

Mazal tov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries