Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Children's Museum of Manhattan - West 83rd

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:57 pm
Has anyone ever been to this museum?
Is this a worthwhile trip?
Is it fun for young preschoolers?
TIA!

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:15 pm
we just went there today.

we spent about 2 hours on the 3rd floor where there were numerous things to keep both my 3 year old, and 18 month old busy.

other than that, there is a "dora and diego" floor which we skipped, a floor with kapla blocks which seemed too advanced for my kids, a floor about gods and stuff which we skipped, and one more floor which had a baby room which didnt interest us.

its also a bit expensive, imo. you need to pay $10 for each adult and child. so, for my 2 kids to have 2 hours of fun, costed us $40.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:25 pm
Thanks for the information!
Are all children's museums in this price range?

Reality

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:37 pm
The one in Brooklyn is a drop cheaper at $7.50 a person. Staten Island is cheaper, $5 I think but you have to pay the toll.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:38 pm
I went there once and didn't like. It was very crowded and strollers are not allowed in the museum. So if you have a baby then its really difficult. The feel that the Brooklyn Childrens Museum is much better and cheaper.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:45 pm
When you say the Brooklyn children's museum, are you referring to the one on Brooklyn Ave?

Reality

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:56 pm
Yeah

Reality

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:58 pm
The only other one in Brooklyn to my knowledge is the Jewish Childrens Museum.

avimom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 5:00 pm
Jewish Children's Musuem is totally something else. Brooklyn childnre's museum is way better than the manhatten one- much more to do! It has a great toddler area and you can bring your stroller (unlike the one in the city). We love the staten island one too- hopefully heading there tomorrow...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 5:02 pm
Thanks everyone.
We've only ever been to the SI children's museum.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 5:31 pm
If you enjoy going to children's museums check out http://www.childrensmuseums.or.....6RPP, many children museums are part of a reciprocal membership program and by paying one price you can visit many museums

Aribenj

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 8:41 pm
I love it! We go there all the time!!!! The one in Manhattan I mean. But I agree that their no stroller policy is annoying. I usually take a sling for the baby but I hate having to schlep everything.
Just a word of advice, make sure they're open. I've made the trip from NJ just to find out that they were closed.

momaleh

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 9:57 pm
We had lots of fun at the Manhattan one. You don't need to skip any floors. the floor about the "G-ds" has lots of fun things for little ones, unless they are old enough to actually understand it. It is just about Greeks. What is wrong with the floor about Dora? My kids have heard of Dora at this point but they don't know about any TV show or anything like that. They know there is some character called Dora. There are lots of nice things on that floor.
And the third floor is definitively the best, lot of make pretend stuff.
We spent way more than 2 hours there.

GingerSpice

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 3:17 pm
We went with cousins and the kids loved it! We spent a hours there Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries